A Long-Winded Teaser


Hi there!


I need change.  I've talked about it before, but I really like to change things up.  Every time I get my hair done (which isn't often), I want it drastically different.  Every time I go shopping, I try to find something other than my t-shirt/jean/cardi/scarf combo.  Obviously, success in THAT department rarely happens.  Nearly every time John comes home from a trip, the furniture is rearranged.

When I think about the fact that I've lived in this house for going on 9 years, I die just a little.  I'm itching to make some pretty major changes.  I'm talking kitchen remodel - walls moved/removed - island built - major reno.  I also want to take my office and convert it into a walk in closet (no, I don't have that many clothes, it's more of a "if I build it, they will come" type of thinking).  I also want to take my bathroom upstairs, and convert it to an en suite.  I want to repaint the basement.  I need to replace sofas.  The list goes on and on.

I keep trying to tell myself to be patient.  That I can just make it work as it is.  (Not that I really have much choice, given our "budget")  But it's not working too well.  The other problem is that there are really too many needs that we have that take priority over the wants of my house changes.  So I just can't justify it.  *sob*

But I just couldn't take it anymore, and I finally bought my girls a bed.  So, I finally feel like I can start setting their room up for real.  It's still a little bit of a work in progress, but I should be able to post pics by Monday of the completed project.  It's looking pretty cute.  Not as cute as it would if my budget were....sorry, I'm laughing at the use of the word budget.... anyways, if I had money, the room would be waaaay cuter.  But being broke is the mother of invention (or something like that), and I'm doing the best I can.  The girls are super excited though, so that's all that really matters.

How's that for a non-post?

Comments

pan x 8 said…
I've said it before - I love your hair!

And I can't wait to see the new girls' room ~ I already know how supercute it's going to be coming out of your genius mind! *ahh*

How come I totally am feeling the bug of getting my house together. I have stuff up but still feels bare to me, hopefully by hanging out with you the creative bug just might bite me. hmm.. even if it did bite me I probably wouldn't know what to do with it - you are so blessed with that talent! *green, right now!* =)
Emily K. said…
ooh, I can't wait to see what you've done! You're so creative, inventive, crafty. I need you to come spruce up my house. Or even start me, for that matter.