Right now, I am not a fan of Tuesdays. They are my super-duper busy evening. I am in the car for at least an hour driving kids here and there. We kick off the fun with picking kids up after school. There's an attempt at some homework, and then Bryson needs to get to practice by 4:30. So after dropping him off, it's home I go to make sure Meg is ready for dance which starts at 5:30. Then I try to figure out dinner, but Bryson gets picked up at 6 - and Max goes to practice at 6:15 - and Meg gets picked up from dance at 6:30. Max's practice ends at 7, and then we are finally done.
In the interest of full disclosure, I don't usually (if ever) have to drive both legs of Max's practice, and from this week on, I have a carpool for Megan for dance. But nevertheless, it is quite a challenge for me to remember who needs to be where when. And even when there's carpooling, for some reason I have to work to remember if I'm drop off or pick up. It must be old age.
No really, I'm old. I lost 4 years on Sunday when John pointed out that when Max gets the priesthood, Bryson will be able to stand in the circle. And considering how fast we got Bryson to 14, I might as well have lost those years...
And speaking of Bryson, I just realized I didn't do any kind of birthday post for him.
My firstborn son turned 14 on Saturday. On Sunday he was ordained a Teacher. This is insane! How did my chubby silver-haired baby turn into such a grown up young man?? His shoulders are broadening. His hair is getting a touch darker. His feet are HUGE!! And he has become a fantastic basketball player. But through it all, he has remained the most remarkable child a mother could ask for. From the time he was born, he has exuded a spirit that draws people in. There has always been something special about Bryson. His grandpa John says he is an old spirit. A strong spirit. Luckily for me (and for him) he was born with an innate goodness. And I have been privileged to be his mother for all of these years.
This picture is about 1 1/2 years old. I still love it. He still smiles with his eyes - just like when he was a baby. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this exceptional young man.
In the interest of full disclosure, I don't usually (if ever) have to drive both legs of Max's practice, and from this week on, I have a carpool for Megan for dance. But nevertheless, it is quite a challenge for me to remember who needs to be where when. And even when there's carpooling, for some reason I have to work to remember if I'm drop off or pick up. It must be old age.
No really, I'm old. I lost 4 years on Sunday when John pointed out that when Max gets the priesthood, Bryson will be able to stand in the circle. And considering how fast we got Bryson to 14, I might as well have lost those years...
And speaking of Bryson, I just realized I didn't do any kind of birthday post for him.
My firstborn son turned 14 on Saturday. On Sunday he was ordained a Teacher. This is insane! How did my chubby silver-haired baby turn into such a grown up young man?? His shoulders are broadening. His hair is getting a touch darker. His feet are HUGE!! And he has become a fantastic basketball player. But through it all, he has remained the most remarkable child a mother could ask for. From the time he was born, he has exuded a spirit that draws people in. There has always been something special about Bryson. His grandpa John says he is an old spirit. A strong spirit. Luckily for me (and for him) he was born with an innate goodness. And I have been privileged to be his mother for all of these years.
This picture is about 1 1/2 years old. I still love it. He still smiles with his eyes - just like when he was a baby. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this exceptional young man.

Comments
love you,
Amy
I love the organization that is taking place. I wish we could just snap our fingers and the stuff we need would just appear.. if only! I still battle with kids rooms, closets, etc.. your house is an inspiration and is just flowing with all kinds of ideas!