It's Beginning to Feel More Like Christmas...

Finally.

Last weekend was insane, and then on the heels of that, I had our big Relief Society Dinner to finalize and pull off (with the help of some amazing women...).  And in the middle of it all, I was dealing with some emotional stuff, so needless to say, I haven't really been in the Christmas Spirit.

And, until today, I hadn't done any shopping!

But, I finally got a tree upstairs, did a little decorating, and today got some shopping done.  So it finally is starting to feel like Christmas.


Now my challenge is to make sure I do some little things to help make it seem special for my family.

On the To Do list:


  • See the lights downtown.
  • Bake cookies.
  • Make snowflakes (probably out of books, since that's my "thang" this year)
  • Take the kids shopping for each other (and their cousins)
  • Go for a drive to look at lights.
  • Read Christmas stories.
  • Write to our missionary cousin/nephew.
I think I need more time...

Comments

pan x 8 said…
Don't you worry my sweet friend... now that you are in the mood, you will have time! =) I love your beautiful tree, of course! and I love that list of activities!!! Girls Night cannot be any closer to laugh away some of our "emotional" stuff! I love you girl!
Monika said…
My goal is to be ready by next Friday since the kids won't have any more school. I don't know if I will make it, but that is my hope. Then maybe I can focus on all the stuff I would really like to do.

But in reality . . . I will add drinking a Diet Coke to the list! Of course I will be drinking mine, locked in my bathroom while my kids are banging on the door asking for the cookies I won't be baking. :)
Rebekah said…
I love all of those ideas. Those are all things we do too! ;) I also love your sweet daughter and her willingness to babysit for me soooo last minute. Thank you again!!