Friday Morning...A Recap

This morning at about 6 a.m., Sophie came upstairs complaining about her tummy. Like the good mom that I am, I told her "sorry, but there's nothing I can do about it". She decided to lay down and watch tv.

About an hour later, she got up and went to the bathroom, and threw up. Not in the toilet, that would be too convenient. All over the floor.

Hawaiian punch and hot dogs. 'Nuff said.

So. I started some laundry.

I threw in the gross towels, and while I was at it, I thought I'd throw in Max's sheets and pillow.

Luckily, about 10 minutes later, I went to add one more thing and saw that there was strange looking white particles floating in the washer.

Max's 99cent pillow had exploded. White cotton bits all over. I fished out a ton with my hands, but then the clumps were too small. I called upstairs for John to toss down a strainer. He did, and asked me what was happening.

I said "you don't want to know".

Now, this illustrates the difference between men and women. If John ever said that to me, I would instantly want to know what was going on, and how bad was it.

Not John. He finished getting ready for work and goes out to start his truck.

I got out as much of the cotton as I could, but honey, if we have to get a new washer and dryer now you know why.



Thank goodness I had girl's night last night and a book club retreat tonight. I need a break.

How was your morning?

Comments

Liz said…
Eeehhh...yuck. I'm always amazed at what can come out of pillows. Seriously! That's huge.

Poor Sophie...hope she is feeling better. Poor you!

We are likely getting rid of our washer/dryer in a month or so. Let me know if you need replacements!
Emily K. said…
oh no! That's terrible. Sounds like you need another girls night :)

My husband would have done the same thing, aren't men funny?!
Joshua Jensen said…
So sorry about the pillow! I had a kid not tell me about their sickness, then found it HOURS later on the floor next to their bed (carpet). So be glad it was on tile/linoleum. I assume you don't have carpet in your bathroom :)
pan x 8 said…
I love it.. because I think Charlie would check just because my tone.. hehehehe.. hopefully your washer/dryer are good!