Gettin' My Craft On


This morning was a shock to wake up to the rumbling of the snow plow outside on my street. I got out of bed and was surprised to see several inches of snow on the ground!

Needless to say, the kids were ecstatic!

Sophie started begging to go outside before the sun was even up.

I finally gave in when the kids had to leave for school. She spent the whole morning outside.

She even got me to help her build a snowman.

Or two...

(the bigger snowman's parts are my wooden snowman kit I made last year & never got to use)

Later, after some hot chocolate, I started craftin'.

Today's project was fabric flowers.
I really want to learn how to make more fabric items, but the sewing machine intimidates the crap outta me. So for now, these will have to do.


I'm not a very good photographer. I blame my 10+ year old camera.



This was a $5 lamp at DI. I had the shade already (thanks mom!). When I bought the lamp it was an ugly brass, but I LOVED the shape. I had some white spray paint on hand, so...

Voila!

I wish I would remember to take before pictures too, but I'm always too impatient to start on the fun part.

I absolutely love this lamp. Someday it will probably be a fun yellow or something, but for now, the white is nice.


Comments

Linds said…
I want the blue flower please? I have some fabric I will give you and you can make flowers out of them if you want. maybe slide some my way????
Joshua Jensen said…
I saw the snowmen and was quite impressed. My girls were outside ASAP too, except Katia had to go to dance, so not as long as they wanted to be. I guess this cold weather means more indoor activities, and crafting is a great choice. For me, it's baking.
Cindy said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! I think that is the beauty of the first snow...it always makes me want to make or bake something! LOVE the results!
pan x 8 said…
How have I read this post on the day of and there is no comment? I love love love the snowman accessories. Goal this year is to build a snowman, esp since I have huge yard that will collect a ton of snow! Maybe you can give me some tips on getting the bodies so big ~ I am no good at that!

That lamp has inspired me. I've needed lamps in my front room and bedroom for months now.. I'm going hunting!