Je t'adore October! I really do. I love the crispness in the air, the cooler temps, the colors...
It has nothing to do with the fact that it's my birthday month. Really!
No really.
Wasn't conference just amazing? I feel so recharged! It was like the spirit was whispering that I must decide if I am going to step away from the things of the world and become more, or if I am going to continue to coast along doing ok, but not my best. I think I am ready to step away from those things and influences that distract me from the important things that I should be doing.
Lets see. What have I been up to?
Sophie had her 5th birthday. (!) I absolutely cannot believe that my baby is 5 years old! Never in all of the time that I spent with little babies and toddlers did I really think that I would leave that phase of life. And now here I am. As much as I am certain that my family is complete, it isn't without a little pang of sadness that I consider those pregnancies that did not go to term. I didn't know until Sophie was almost 4 that she would be my baby.
It's strange to think about.
We are in high stress mode around here. John's product (The Draw Collar) is currently in process of being tested in Canada for CSA (like UL) so that we can sell it up there. There was a moment of utter panic yesterday when he received word that there were a couple of glitches right off the bat. We think we have them resolved, but please pray for us. This could be huge. Canada is a great market for our product. And I don't like having a completely stressed out husband.
What else??
Really, not much. Life is going on as normal. Grade dramas, sports, friends, immunizations... You know, the usual.
Sorry for the boring post. I'm really having doubts about continuing this thing. It seems that lately my heart hasn't been in it, and the last thing I want to do is waste anyone's time. I will think long and hard about the direction I want this blog to take. What are the favorite things to read - Posts about the family? My thoughts? Spiritual things? Projects?
hmm... things to consider.
Comments
Good Luck in Canada - prayers are with you!
I hear you on the stressed out husband, and I feel so helpless in what we can do for them. Lots of encouragement, support and prayers!