We took off Saturday morning and headed into the mountains. We were going to Star Valley, WY to visit John's sister's family. Her oldest son had received his mission call, and was going to open it when we all were up there. He was also being ordained an elder, and we wanted to be there for that as well.
It is beautiful up there. And the kids have a blast playing with cousins.
We spent Saturday and Sunday there, and bright and early Monday morning, we headed out.
There had been a cold snap Sunday night, so this is what we saw on our drive out of the valley.
We were slowed down by some cowboys herding cattle down the road. I stuck my camera out the window and took a couple of shots.
As we drove past (with my window still down), I heard the cowboy say to the woman, "...takin' pictures of cows...." in this voice like he can't believe the stupidity of such a thing...
Well, I got news for you, cowboy, I wasn't taking pictures of the COWS. I was taking pictures of YOU! sheesh.
Grumpy man...saddle sores, maybe???
Then we headed straight to the cabin. We are adding on so it was truly a day of labor. We even put Meg to work with the palm nailer. I so love me some power tools! I want a drill of my own for Christmas.
I love this place. And I love that I'm finally back in a place where I can have a weekend like this and ENJOY it!!! Happy is a nice place to be.
p.s. my nephew was called to serve in the Micronesia Guam mission. incidentally, the same mission my grandparents served in about 20 years ago!
and p.p.s. if anyone can tell me why you can only click to enlarge the 1st photo on my posts, let me know! so irritating!

Comments