Summer Fun




We spent some time at the "lake" in Herriman, visiting with my girl's night girls & their kids. Great little beach and the kids had a blast.




On July 24, we took a little drive. We headed up Parleys, over past Coalville, down to Henefer, and through East Canyon back to Salt Lake.

This dog on a motorcycle was the funniest thing ever!


After getting back to SLC, we drove past our old Sugarhouse home and then went to Sugarhouse Park. We played in the creek there for a while.




Isn't he just the hottest guy EVER???

Proof that I actually got in the creek with the kids!



Sophie loves to get up and outside as early as she can. Biking in p.j.'s is totally normal for her.



Making their own fun...Sophie with her cousin.



And possible proof the my medication is helping?... We actually got up for the balloon festival - and I didn't whine about it! (even though the weather didn't cooperate and they just inflated a few balloons and immediately took them down, but hey. at least I went)

So there are just a few pictures of the last couple of weeks. I can't believe this summer is almost over. 1 1/2 weeks till school starts. I really thought that with this being my first "real" summer, I would be dying to get rid of my kids by now, but I'm so not! I'm not ready for the schedule, homework and battles that come with school.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to have as much fun as I can with the time we have left.

Comments

Monika said…
Wow, the balloon festival! We tried that last year and missed all the fun because we didn't get there at the crack of dawn.

I am so glad I am not the only one not looking forward to school. Ugh!
Fun times- and with just 1 1/2 weeks left, we better cram as much fun as we can in!
Emily K. said…
How did you hear about the balloon festival? That would be so fun!

Glad you're feeling like getting out. You're very artistic with the camera...I'm not surprised.
pan x 8 said…
I am so missing from the Herriman lake memories - dang it! =)

I missed out another time I could've hung out at the balloon festival. Erin reminded me about them and had no takers on the early morning hours, shoulda just came by myself!

Love all the pics! and of course I'm still checking in on you!

Miss you miss you miss you!
Anonymous said…
Looks like fun, My sister lives super close to the Herriman lake so we go there quiet often, we call it "the beach". We missed the balloon festival! One more week pack as much fun in as you can right!?! Hope your doing well, we need to do something.