Draper Days and One Fun Dad

Ahhh... Draper Days. What fun. Especially when it's 100 degrees out, and a little on the muggy side.

We got together with my family for dinner, and walked over to the park. We didn't do the rides, our kids don't care about those. huh-uh. They are all about spending $$. As long as they don't leave the park empty handed, they are happy.
















We headed back to my mom's where we set up chairs at the back of her yard and prepared to watch the fireworks.

We waited...

and waited...

10:00 came and went, and we wondered if they had cancelled the show! The natives (our kids) were getting restless...



Then finally!





It was a great show. But pretty soon my parents are going to have to sacrifice a couple of trees or we won't have a view any more!

That was last Saturday night.











Yesterday, John was off of work. After some work in the yard, we he decided that we needed to do something fun. His idea was to go to Copperton Park and have a picnic.

Copperton Park is awesome. We both had attended Bingham Middle School up there and each had fun memories of that park. The playground is awesome. It was obviously constructed before any kind of safety standards were in place. But the element of danger just adds to the fun!

































































When we packed up and got ready to go home, we thought we'd check on the copper mine to see how much it cost. Happy surprise, it was free this week! I had never been to the visitor center (yes, i've lived here my whole life) so we headed over.

It was pretty cool. The kids had a good time. Lucky for them their dad makes us do fun stuff every now and then. Every kid needs at least 1 fun parent.



Comments

pan x 8 said…
okay.. Karen I love your blogskin - it's way way cute. I know I've told you before.. but had to say it again!

Draper Days looked like a lot of fun in the hot hot sun! lol

And I love it when the Dad's come up with the ideas... it makes life a little more fun when it's not always your ideas!! I love those old parks!
Annalyn said…
We missed Draper Days this year - looks like you had fun! Hey - FYI - the balloon festival is this weekend up at Storm Mountain. I hope the weather holds out!