Catching My Breath

It's been another busy week (or more)! I'm still feeling in a bit of a funk, but my new motto is : Fake it till you feel it! Which means that even though I still feel vaguely ambivalent in blogging, I will blog (semi) regularly until I am excited about it again! Which apparently includes the excessive use of exclamation points! :) and random smileys! Because I'm happy, dangit!

But, back to the point of this post -

So, we had Max's birthday party, I think I mentioned that in a previous post, but here's a picture of the cute favor the boys took home. I had them paint wood frames from Michaels, and then took them outside and had them "dunk" the basketball while I took a picture. The results were really cute!










Then, last weekend, we had Max's baptism! He was SO excited. I mean, this poor kid was looking forward to this day for AGES. He looked so handsome in his first suit!


















He kept telling John how happy he was and he kept counting down the kids getting baptized (there were 5 of them, and he was last).


















After the baptism, we had a great party at my mom's house - perfect weather, and delish food that our families so willingly helped supply. It was such a nice day!

I'm so grateful for the priesthood that surrounded Max as he was confirmed and given the Holy Ghost. It was powerful to see him encircled once again by the strong men in our families. I am moved every time I think about the great love that my Heavenly Father has for Max (and us all). And when I think about the sweetness and innocence of my darling boy. I am so happy that he now has the Holy Ghost to be a helper and comforter to him. Now all I have to do is teach him how to recognize the spirit in his life...

So, now that the big stuff is over with - at least for a minute - I can take a deep breath, and get ready to face the remaining 12 weeks of summer!!! I'm planning to create some schedules to help me make the most of this time... if it's effective, I'll make sure to share what I'm doing!

I have some lofty goals. It's all part of my "fakin' it" plan. I do want to blog more, and I think that I have some ideas for regular posts, so keep checking back. (assuming, of course, that anyone is even still reading now...:) )

So wish me luck! Should be a fun one!




p.s. feel free to check out the Errand of Angels blog on my sidebar for copies of the handouts we got at our June R.S. activity about summertime activities and learning retention ideas

Comments

Emily K. said…
I was just about to leave you a nasty ;) note about not blogging, and here you are!

Congrats to Max! I love how happy he looks in that new suite, Tyler felt/looked about the same. It's a proud day for all!

I too am in the "fake it till you make it" stage. I bet there are more of us then we realize, but it actually does feel better to fake it than to let the "cloud" over take every emotion or feeling.
I still think you're the greatest, whether you're faking it or not! Love you.
Rebekah said…
Max looks so handsome in his suit! Congartulations on raising such a sweet boy!
pan x 8 said…
Congratulations Max. You look so handsome all growed-up! My earliest mems of you are crawling around during Presidency Meetings..

You are so awesome!