I knew about 2 weeks ago that this past week was going to be crazy.
I even tried to reschedule a girls night out thinking it would make things a little less hectic.
It didn't work out to change the date, but boy... I had no idea how this past week would fall apart on me.
It all started on friday the 14th. There was an innocent Father's and Son's Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration activity scheduled in our ward. Games planned were gunny sack races, hatchet throws, horseshoes, stick pulls. All innocent sounding. (except the hatchet throw. really?? a hatchet throw at a church thing?)
Around the time I was expecting John and the boys home, I got a phone call from Bryson that John was on his way to the Emergency Room. I laughed and said "yeah right. that's not funny"
He repeated the news and I still didn't believe him. He got a Young Men's leader on the phone to confirm. I STILL half didn't believe him. But I was eventually convinced, and headed up to the ER.
My darling husband had done this to his shoulder:

that is a grade 3 separation my friends. Notice the bones out of alignment? Yep.
How did he do this?
Tragic gunny sack race injury. He lost his balance and tried to do some jump/tuck/roll move over the finish line and didn't quite tuck or roll enough and landed squarely on his shoulder. His RIGHT shoulder. YAY. I now have to help him button shirts, tie shoes and various other things that require 2 hands. So great!
My revenge is that he has to tell people that he got hurt in a gunny sack race.
Thankfully he does not require surgery and should make a full recovery. (but no lifting or sports for several months.)
John's injury required us to visit 2 orthopedic surgeons for evaluation and 2nd opinions. And of course he can't drive his truck - stick shift. So I was back to driving him to and from work.
Then on Wednesday, Max had his first day of program performances at school. He was an owl. So dang cute. It was a fun little program, and he sang nearly every word of the songs!

Towards the end of the program, I started feeling dizzy and sick, so I called John and he ended up taking the bus home since I didn't feel safe to drive down to get him.
Thursday brought with it dress rehearsals. Thank goodness this rehearsal did not require makeup or elaborate hair... I had to skip out early to pick John up at the trax station. He'd had to make the 1 1/2 hour bus trip from Orem again, since I couldn't get down there to pick him up. Poor guy.


Thursday had also involved shopping for Max's 8th birthday presents... and girl's night. (which ended up being a much needed recharging evening out)
When I got home from girls night, I had to put up Max's birthday banner and some balloons.
He was so excited that he woke up at 6 when I was getting ready to go walking. I told him to go back to bed until I got back...

He was thrilled to open gifts and have a day all about him (mostly). I kept him home from school and we took him and Sophie to see Shrek 4. Max fell asleep during the movie. Yeah. John had let them stay up until 11 p.m. the night before while I was gone. Poor Max. He so needs his sleep!
In the afternoon he had his doctor's appointment for a check up.
Then last night we had the dance recital for the girls. They both did so great! I was so proud of them!

Afterwards, we went to get ice cream. Then home. And to bed.
I'm so glad this week is over. Lots of hard things, lots of fun things. I'm just glad I survived it.
I even tried to reschedule a girls night out thinking it would make things a little less hectic.
It didn't work out to change the date, but boy... I had no idea how this past week would fall apart on me.
It all started on friday the 14th. There was an innocent Father's and Son's Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration activity scheduled in our ward. Games planned were gunny sack races, hatchet throws, horseshoes, stick pulls. All innocent sounding. (except the hatchet throw. really?? a hatchet throw at a church thing?)
Around the time I was expecting John and the boys home, I got a phone call from Bryson that John was on his way to the Emergency Room. I laughed and said "yeah right. that's not funny"
He repeated the news and I still didn't believe him. He got a Young Men's leader on the phone to confirm. I STILL half didn't believe him. But I was eventually convinced, and headed up to the ER.
My darling husband had done this to his shoulder:

that is a grade 3 separation my friends. Notice the bones out of alignment? Yep.
How did he do this?
Tragic gunny sack race injury. He lost his balance and tried to do some jump/tuck/roll move over the finish line and didn't quite tuck or roll enough and landed squarely on his shoulder. His RIGHT shoulder. YAY. I now have to help him button shirts, tie shoes and various other things that require 2 hands. So great!
My revenge is that he has to tell people that he got hurt in a gunny sack race.
Thankfully he does not require surgery and should make a full recovery. (but no lifting or sports for several months.)
John's injury required us to visit 2 orthopedic surgeons for evaluation and 2nd opinions. And of course he can't drive his truck - stick shift. So I was back to driving him to and from work.
Then on Wednesday, Max had his first day of program performances at school. He was an owl. So dang cute. It was a fun little program, and he sang nearly every word of the songs!
Towards the end of the program, I started feeling dizzy and sick, so I called John and he ended up taking the bus home since I didn't feel safe to drive down to get him.
Thursday brought with it dress rehearsals. Thank goodness this rehearsal did not require makeup or elaborate hair... I had to skip out early to pick John up at the trax station. He'd had to make the 1 1/2 hour bus trip from Orem again, since I couldn't get down there to pick him up. Poor guy.
Thursday had also involved shopping for Max's 8th birthday presents... and girl's night. (which ended up being a much needed recharging evening out)
When I got home from girls night, I had to put up Max's birthday banner and some balloons.
He was so excited that he woke up at 6 when I was getting ready to go walking. I told him to go back to bed until I got back...
He was thrilled to open gifts and have a day all about him (mostly). I kept him home from school and we took him and Sophie to see Shrek 4. Max fell asleep during the movie. Yeah. John had let them stay up until 11 p.m. the night before while I was gone. Poor Max. He so needs his sleep!
In the afternoon he had his doctor's appointment for a check up.
Then last night we had the dance recital for the girls. They both did so great! I was so proud of them!
Afterwards, we went to get ice cream. Then home. And to bed.
I'm so glad this week is over. Lots of hard things, lots of fun things. I'm just glad I survived it.
Comments
Happy Birthday Max! Sounds like a fun/tiring :) day.
Love the girls costumes, so creative!!
Hope nothing came of your dizzy spell, take care.