So, What's My Deal?

The short answer - I don't know.

The long answer - I rrrrreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy don't know.

I just quite simply don't have any interest/desire/drive to post (or do much of anything for that matter).

I don't think I'm depressed. I actually feel relatively content with my life and how things are going. Although, I do feel somewhat disconnected with myself and my life. I don't even know if that makes any sense.

We're back to struggling a little with grades around here, and I think I'm taking it personally. Like it's a reflection on me as a mother. If he's failing, then so must I be failing. I know it's not logical, but there you go.

I'm frustrated that I can't find my bliss. That thing that will make me feel happy enough to drop 7 lbs without even trying (yeah, Cindy, I'm jealous. Ecstatic for you, but jealous as heck for myself).

I'd chalk it up to monthly hormones, but I've been feeling like this for a while - hence, the lack of consistent posting (and bummer-style posts - sorry erin, here's another one! :))

On a positive note, I have started walking with a friend nearly every morning (only weather cancellations) at 6:30 - and have loved getting to know her better while doing something good for myself.

Also, my back has been much better. I still have flare-ups occasionally, but they are much more manageable. I've even been able to cut out my 5 advil before bed routine. So that's great.


I'm trying - really trying to get over myself. But if postings are few and far between, now you know why. I really don't want this blog to become a monument to my angst. And there truly, TRULY are so many happy moments throughout every day - and I am able to recognize and enjoy them. And I will be trying to make sure that THEY become the focus of my posts.


Comments

Liz said…
Hey you...maybe it is going around because I've not felt like blogging for a while, too. Hang in there, summer is right around the corner!
pan x 8 said…
I agree with Liz.. spring fever is very real for me, I know that! When the sun is shining and the weather decides to warm up and stay warm.. things change!

Keep your head up! Love the walking!!
Annalyn said…
Hey - I"m sorry - I didn't mean to make you more sad...when I am in a bloggin slump - I just don't post anything, so that's definitely worse, right?