Sorry, No Pictures Today Either...

I'm just biding my time waiting for the chaos to start.

Tonight is our Relief Society Birthday Activity. We aren't doing a fancy dinner and program, but we're getting back to basics by doing a few service projects. I'm really excited, but it's as much work as if we WERE doing a dinner. I'm exhausted.

Set up starts at 10, and I'm so grateful that I have such a large committee. Hopefully it lets us get in, get done, get out! I just hope someone knows how to set up quilt frames. 'Cuz I sure don't.

I'm trying to be much more organized this time around. Last month I forgot about 1/2 of what I was supposed to take to the church and was a frantic mess by the time it started. But {{fingers crossed}} this time I think we're ready.

John is getting ready for his big Expo in Orlando next week. Talk about a frantic mess! He is going crazy trying to keep all the details straight, and get all the last minute stuff arranged. The poor guy isn't sleeping well at all. I think he just feels a lot of pressure to make the Draw Collar a success.

* which, by the way, totally works!!! If anyone knows anyone who has a wood stove (or insert!!), they really need a Draw Collar.

And now we're back from our commercial break.


Life is good. I'm adjusting to a new hair cut, adjusting to my stage of motherhood, adjusting to a (mildly) healthier lifestyle...

I think we've made some real progress with Bryson's take on responsibility. We're working on Meg's attitude issues. We're in the process of finding out how best to help Max with his developmental issues. And Sophie, well, she's growing up to be quite strong-willed. We're working on that too.

But overall, things are good. I hope things are good for you too.


Comments

Annalyn said…
I am excited for tonight! I'm so glad you HAVE a committee now - I do miss it! But, the day of is always a marathon, and I wasn't even in charge, so I can't imagine...
Darling hair again by the way! And good luck to YOU while John is away!! I get to drive my kids to St. George - stop - then on to Disneyland by myself next week!!! I'll think of you, if you think of me - AHHHH!!
Cindy said…
Good luck with tonight. I wish I could be there to support you, but alas....the job calls. I'll be thinking of you when I'm continuing my "blue juice" infusion....pretty soon I'm gonna be a smurf:)
Emily K. said…
Have fun tonight!

and...NEW HAIR CUT! Where are the pictures??
pan x 8 said…
No wonder you are feeling overwhelmed??? We can only work on one of our kids at a time!!! Lol I hope tonight was a success - what am I saying?? I know it was!!!