The Mom

I don't know how it happened. And I think I've been in denial.

But it's official.

I'm the mom.

Of 4.

You know how I know it's official? It hit me today as I looked in the mirror...




...Because I look like this:















The mom bob. The mom button-down over t-shirt. The mom expression. The mom flip-flops because she just ran the girls to dance. The mom wrinkles. The mom weight gain.

But I'm learning to be okay with it. Kinda.

Who am I kidding??? I'm just waiting for the What Not to Wear people to barge in and say "your wardrobe says you've just given up!"

And not that I've ever really been a fashionista, but come on. Really??? This is what I'm okay with?

Not for long, my friends. Not. For. Long.
















But in the meantime, even though I am less than thrilled with a lot of my "mom-ness", I am over-the-moon happy about being a mom to my amazing kids. And I hope they know that.

Comments

pan x 8 said…
I couldn't wait to read your post because of the title!! LOL! You are the best! No, for reals..

At least you walk out of the house all cute! If I walked out half as good as you looked - I might call myself cute!

Love it~ and your kids totally know you love them!
Emily K. said…
The thing is, What not to wear is coming to my house first and then I'm shopping in your closet, so actually you do have great clothes!

I feel like I've been the mom since before I was a mom, it's trying to figure out how to be okay with that. So when you find out that secret, will you let me know?
Cindy said…
....you do know even before thinking about coming to Emily's they will run to my house very very first! I hate to tell ya, but you are WAY down on the list!!!

Wanna know something even "sadder" than your button down shirt I wore my "mom jeans" the other day, and Jay said that I looked HOT....so not only do I have the "Mom Wardrobe"...I'm being encouraged to stick with it.....not good!!!!
Monika said…
These comments are as great as the post! Part of being a mom is spending all our cash on our kids so there is nothing left for us! They can't wear the same stuff from 5 years ago like we can! I was watching What Not To Wear a few months ago and they were making fun of a ladies shoes. I had the exact same pair in my closet and thought they were great and my best pair! (I haven't worn them since I saw the episode!)
Rebekah said…
Karen- You are SERIOUSLY way too hard on yourself! YOU are gorgeous, and always are dressed cute. Go cute Momma!