Done

So the craziness of last night is over... whew! I survived. I ran all over the valley collecting clipboards, had to pick up Bryson early from practice (where the stupid doors were locked and apparently he didn't hear his phone...grrr.), pick up and take girls to dance, and get to the church by 6:30. It was insane. I forgot ALL of my decorations I was supposed to bring, my list of people who wanted clipboards, and the mod podge had gone MIA. Stressed much?

Then in the middle of all that, I got a phone call that my nephew has scarlet fever. What the WHAT?? I didn't even know that was still out there! Apparently it is just a form of strep that occurs every now and then... Sheesh. And my poor sister in law who called me (giving us a heads up cuz we'd all been together on Sunday) had caught me right in the middle of the worst of the madness, so all I heard was that he had had a cough, got better, and then boom. Scarlet fever. Yeeeeeahhhhhh, 2 of my kids have been fighting coughs for the past few days, so of course my mind immediately jumps to "does Max have a rash?? does Sophie??" Of course they don't, and once my activity was over, I was able to wrap my head around the whole thing and logically conclude that I reacted very poorly. I wasn't as sympathetic on the phone as I should have been. ( I mean, I said the right things, but my voice was frantic, and I know it came off as upset...)

Anyways, I'm better now, can think clearly, and I owe my sister-in-law an apology. Sorry darlin'. I hope the recovery all goes well, and that no one else comes down with it.

Back to the activity - it was great. The presentations were a hit, and the clipboards... well. I forgot that mod podge can be a little tricky the first time, so I am worried that people were frustrated that their paper was bubbling up and not looking as nice as they hoped. Sorry!! But on the upside, they only cost people $1 to do. So I think I'll get over it, and hopefully everyone else can too.

This morning my favorite word is "DONE".


Comments

Monika said…
I've decided that Satan probably works almost as hard to keep us from our RS meetings as he tries to keep us from the Temple. Especially since last night the ONLY moments of peace I felt in my day was while I was there. You did a great job at putting things together! Lots of great ideas to help our homes become temples to our families.
Liz said…
Don't blame yourself about the modge podge....I'm totally inept at crafts. It was a super meeting!
pan x 8 said…
What a day! It's always on the days you have something big you are in charge of that things start flying! It was a fantastic meeting and I'm glad I came (almost didn't, you'll know after reading my post)because it gave me the boost of spirit I needed!

Thank you and it wasn't your fault about the modge podge - it tricked our virgin hands! =) It was a fabulous nigh and you did great!

And now, you are DONE! lol
Anonymous said…
You put that night together nicely, My clip board looks great, the bumps are pretty much gone now that it has dried. What a cute idea! I'll have to make another one for Mackaylee bc she REALLY wanted mine. Oh and btw my house is NOW really clean!lol
Cindy said…
It turned out great! I think everyone did so well, except maybe me....I can't even remember what I said, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a cohesive flow to anything I said...it was just random synaptical impulses that came out in the form of words...I think. Anyway...I'm glad you can breathe a sigh of relief...and sorry I added to your craziness....dang kids!
Joshua Jensen said…
I appreciated everyone else's comments, but felt my own could have been better. Sorry. But I think everyone liked the coupons. Anyhow, My bubbles are gone, so have no fear. If I didn't mess up the craft then I'm sure everyone else did fine.
Annalyn said…
You did absolutely great! I am so excited to start a new system in my house. My two big kids LOVE my clipboard. I'm thinking of making them one to hold their Daily Task Lists!!!
Alysha said…
Oh Karen, You don't need to apologize. I understand the concern that you had. I would have been the same way if the shoe were on the other foot. Anyhow, glad to report that Keaton is all better and the rest of us are healthy as well. I think that we caught it just in time because it was not as bad as the articles that I read said it would be.
Love ya,
Alysha