Star Valley Weekend

For Bryson's birthday, we loaded the kids up and headed to their cousins' house in Star Valley, Wyoming. Waaaaaaay too much fun. The kids had a blast.




They had kid-sized snowmobiles that we couldn't get Bryson off of. He rode those things for hours. Sophie loved them too.






We went sledding, snow-skating and bucketing... (yes, that's my husband with his head in a bucket trying to slide down the hill...)






Megan was a rock star on the snow-skate. She hopped on and took right off down the hill!






Sophie had a great time sledding, and I even got in on a few runs. I tried the snow-skate, and ate it hard. Totally made my sciatica flare up again - yay. But it was fun while it lasted!






Max and John rode the sleds over and over and over...

We all played outside for hours and hours, and had a wonderful time with cousins...









...and then it was just too much fun, and Sophie just couldn't keep those eyes open for one more minute...







A huge thank you to Erika and Lee for opening your home to us and giving us such a fun weekend for Bryson's birthday!!!

Comments

Monika said…
That picture of John with his head in abucket is too much! It looks down right painful. What a fun weekend. Sorry it is back to the routine. Blah.
pan x 8 said…
What a hilarious weekend!! I love that John tries some pretty ridiculously funny things - that's what keeps him so young!

It wouldn't be a totally fabulous trip if you didn't get a few runs in yourself!! So, just let me just take that sciatica nerve out for you.. you don't really need it right?? hehe...

Those are some great pictures!! And I missed you on Sunday - didn't know you were going out of town - spur of the moment trip?? Love those!!

Okay I'm done chatting your ear off!
Joshua Jensen said…
bucketing? Really? That sounds crazy! I love that Megan rocked the snow skate. It's fun finding out your kids are good at things you never knew about. Sorry about the nerve issue. :(
Cindy said…
I meant to ask how your weekend away was when we talked yesterday, but my mind was somewhere else. It looks like you guys had a blast! It is so wonderful that you have such a close family, and you get to share these wonderful times with them! Love the picture of Sophie sleeping on the counter...too funny!
Linds said…
looks like fun! Can't believe bryson is so big.
Emily K. said…
looks like such a fun weekend! You are so brave, I don't know that I'd dare try to snow-skate.
Anonymous said…
Looks like you guys had a great time! What a beautiful family you have!