10 in '10

It's official. It is the year 2010. I cannot get used to writing that! It just seems so science-fictiony! (I love making up words in blogland!) I mean, really - if you ever thought about the future when you were a kid, you probably imagined the 2000's with a lot of robots and flying cars... And wow. It's so not. But anyways, I digress.

The point of this post is to share my plan for 10 goals or changes that I want to achieve in 2010. I think they are all quantifiable and realistic. Many are the old standbys, but things that I am determined to accomplish. For example: I am absolutely committed to the goal that 2010 is the last year that I will set a goal to lose weight. I will reach my goal weight by the end of 2010, and I have set reasonable mini-goals as part of that. Done. I'm serious. It's definitely happening.

Other goals focus on spiritual things, and still others are more parenting-related.

I know that having 10 goals seems a little over-reaching and that I have unrealistic hopes and plans, I know in my heart that I can do them all. And I know that 2010 looks to be the best year yet!

What are some of your goals/plans for the new year?


Comments

Emily K. said…
I must admit, it is exciting to start a new, yet achievable, goal(s). It makes me feel like I can do anything!
One of my favorite goals I started before Christmas, was to have lds.org as my first homepage. I have to read an article before I can check email or facebook or anything else. I've found some great articles and feel very optimistic about my life and things I want to change to be a better person.
Good luck with your goals, it will help make a happier you! (Not that your unhappy, you know what I mean).
Monika said…
I hate to admit -- I had great plans and already feel like I am failing on day 6! Sigh. I hope you are doing better than me!
Rebekah said…
Ya my goal was to not raise my voice at my kids. Why did I make that goal. 5 mins after I told them my goal I had forgotten it and broken it. Dang!! WEll I am sure you can do it. Happy 2010!!
pan x 8 said…
I love the "10 in 10!" I don't think 10 is reaching and yeah, it will feel so dang good when at the end of year you can see how far you've come!

Hoooorraaayyyy for 2010!!