...And We're Off!

Well, I'm going to take this quick little moment I have this morning to update the old blog...

December is off to a roaring start. It's starting out with our Relief Society Dinner tonight - luckily, they had asked a member of the committee to take over this one, since they didn't know who was going to be the new activity coordinator. So we spent a few hours at the church yesterday setting up, and will spend a few more today finalizing decor and food. It should be just a lovely evening and a nice way to kick off the season.

Then, on Friday, we were invited to go see the Children's Nutcracker, Saturday morning is our ward Christmas breakfast, and Saturday afternoon/evening is my extended family's sub-for-santa. This year instead of shopping for a family, we decided to tie blankets for the homeless teen shelter.

It's going to be a busy week. And the rest of my calendar is filling up quickly. I hope that I can maintain a sense of peace and joy through it all.

We did manage ONE moment of Christmas charm last night - for family home evening, I read the kids a story and then we decorated the tree. It was sweet.* The fire was going, the Christmas music playing, and for once, the kids were getting along as they loaded the tree with all decorations in the same spot. We had four areas that were filled with every ornament and the rest of the tree was bare. After they went to bed, I distributed them a little more evenly - but it was cute.

I'm glad to be starting this Christmas season. It's just such a magical time of year. Hopefully this year will be the best Christmas EVER!

(*will post pictures soon)

Comments

Rebekah said…
crazy how CRAZY Dec always is!! See ys tonight!
Cindy said…
Yay Christmas....got your running shoes on....cuz it's comming at us fast huh! Relax and enjoy!