3rd Day of Christmas

So I got asked last night at a party what I did for the 3rd day, and really, in the interest of honesty, I have to say I did nothing. I was baking cookies and the kids all kind of went their separate ways, and we didn't do anything "special" before I had to leave for a party. But John was home and he didn't have to rush off to a meeting - so he watched a show with them and then sent them to bed. So if I'm really reaching, I can kinda count them having their dad home to chill with them as their 3rd day thing.

Today is the 4th day of Christmas. Already! The 4 calling birds day.

John has meetings tonight and Meg is babysitting for a neighbor for a little bit and Bryson will be at scouts, so again. It's going to have to be an afternoon thing. I'm thinking - maybe we'll cut out snowflakes to put in the windows or some sort of craft... But I also rented G-Force, so we'll watch that this evening, and that'll count as well.

One of these days I'll do some things that are the "bigger" deal things. Like get to Temple Square. But since the kids are all about snuggling up and hanging out with me/us, I guess it's okay for now.

Comments

Monika said…
All that matters is you are spending time with them, and as often as dads tend to be gone I think DAD time is awesome! And, if you are looking for a fun light show try Thanksgiving point. It costs $8 a car (a $2.00 off per car came in the Hometown Values Mag), and you are all warm and snug in your car. We love it!
Emily K. said…
most of the time the "little" things are the things remembered. You're doing great, and your kids think so too!