So last week was crazy. I think John and I saw each other maybe a total of 4 hours (awake time...) Between draw collars, church meetings, girl's nights, etc. we just didn't see each other at all. {see, I TOLD you I would miss the time together on drives to and from work...} It was rough, and by the end of the week, we were both grumpy and stressed. It's amazing how much the small change of getting a work truck has effected our quality time. I love not having to drive to Orem twice a day, but I really do miss talking to him...
However, to take the edge off (at least for me), I got to have a girl's night out on Thursday, and then a book club retreat on Friday night.
Thursday - oh, how I love these ladies! I get so recharged by our evening out. It is so nice to talk out frustrations, problems, & worries; and so nice to laugh and be silly and talk about the girl stuff! And to have pumpkin cheesecake on top of all that? Absolute heaven.
Friday night - up all night, laughing, eating, talking a little about the book for the month and a lot about other books... So fun getting to know new friends better.
John had taken the kids to bishop's house, and they watched The Blob (original version). Yeah. That has been lots of fun. Sophie doesn't like to be alone now. I think she's scared the blob will ooze out of the vent in the bathroom. I think she's starting to finally get over it, but OH brother. Nice one, daddy.
No, but really, I'm so grateful for a husband who recognizes that getting out once in a while is good for me, and that even though this past week was hard for him too, he encouraged me to take advantage of both escapes...
Now, when's the next one???
However, to take the edge off (at least for me), I got to have a girl's night out on Thursday, and then a book club retreat on Friday night.
Thursday - oh, how I love these ladies! I get so recharged by our evening out. It is so nice to talk out frustrations, problems, & worries; and so nice to laugh and be silly and talk about the girl stuff! And to have pumpkin cheesecake on top of all that? Absolute heaven.
Friday night - up all night, laughing, eating, talking a little about the book for the month and a lot about other books... So fun getting to know new friends better.
John had taken the kids to bishop's house, and they watched The Blob (original version). Yeah. That has been lots of fun. Sophie doesn't like to be alone now. I think she's scared the blob will ooze out of the vent in the bathroom. I think she's starting to finally get over it, but OH brother. Nice one, daddy.
No, but really, I'm so grateful for a husband who recognizes that getting out once in a while is good for me, and that even though this past week was hard for him too, he encouraged me to take advantage of both escapes...
Now, when's the next one???
Comments
Hopefully this week will give you a little more time together.