Catching Up...

This morning I got in the car and the radio was on. Christmas music!!! What the ---! Curse you KOSY106.5!!! (not that it's my usual station of choice, it just was on from yesterday {soft sunday sounds... don't judge me})

ANYways...

John, the kids, and I spent Saturday morning raking leaves. And raking, and raking, and raking...


...And a little bagging, but apparently our preferred method of leaf removal is to rake them into huge piles, and then let the wind take them where it may... Unfortunately, they rarely leave our yard, so we get to gather them together again and bag a few more... It's so frustrating that my stupid back really won't let me get out and get the stupid things bagged during the day. And John really just has zero time, and the kids.... well, the kids do a "great" job. Actually, I'll probably make them do it this afternoon. After all, their great job will be better than it not getting done at all...

Anyway, in the middle of all the raking, we did pause for SOME fun.







































Even I got in on the act. ( I won't post my awesome action shots - let's just say flipping into piles of leaves is really a young person's sport...)



Saturday afternoon/evening we had family pictures done. It was quite the feat! We had my parents, siblings and all of their kids... It was done at a cool barn behind my parent's house, and the owners had an awesome old truck that they pulled out for us to use. It was a great setting, and I am excited to see the pictures... This is one my brother snapped of all the grandkids. Awesome. I love that my niece in front is so disgusted by all us parents acting like idiots to get them all to look up... So classic.



Whew! What a day.


I got a new calling yesterday. I am now the Relief Society Meeting Chairperson (formerly known as Enrichment Leader). I am so sad to leave my calling as a teacher, but I'm really excited to start the next thing. I had this calling forever ago when they changed the name from Homemaking to Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Meetings, and now here I am as they change the name again... or eliminate a name, or whatever. It's a little vague. I just hope that I can be sensitive to the needs of the women in our ward. I think it's going to be way fun.

So, all of you out there (especially my friends in the ward): What do you look for in a RS activity??? What types of things do you love, hate, wish we did, wish we didn't..... I need input, folks!
Thanks!

Comments

Monika said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of the leaves! The kids told me this morning he pile was taller than them! (Of course as I was complaining about having to rake this weekend).

I am sad you won't be teaching, but am very excited for "Enrichment" (or whatever it is called) meetings. Hmmm -- ideas. I will have to think on that one. We are having an etiquette dinner in YW/YM next week -- do you think the ladies in our ward would like a refresher course on something like that (or how to teach it to our kidos?)
Annalyn said…
I'm also going to miss your lesson weeks. But, I'm so excited to maybe be serving with you??? What a darling cousin picture too!
Emily K. said…
I want to see action shots of you :)
What a good mom you are, I don't think I dare jump in the leaves, it freaks me out just thinking about it!

Congrats and so sad about your new calling. You'll do great, but I know how you loved being a teacher. Our ward has a blog, it's www.park5thwardsisters.blogspot.com If that's not it there's a link on my blog. Hope that helps. Good luck!!
Liz said…
R.S. sisters at Chippendales!!! Just kidding.
Rebekah said…
YOu guys made raking the leaves actually look liek fun! What a neat family you have! You will be great in your new calling. You are so creative! I am glad it is you and not me, I really hate being on the enrichment commitee. No joke!
BTW you were a really great RS teacher! Thanks for your lesson on Sunday!