I need a serious attitude adjustment.
I have all these lofty ambitions, goals, desires, changes I want to make - yet I lack the focus and commitment to see them through. The effort and work that it takes to actually DO stuff is quite frankly, overwhelming. I feel exhausted before I even start. Discouraged before I even try.
I guess maybe a place to start would be with simply accepting myself the way that I am for now. If I wasn't always so dissatisfied, maybe I could actually recognize that I am not all that far away from where I want to be anyways. That's not to say I won't be working on those things that really must change (i.e. being more patient with my kids). But I think I'm going to try having a more gentle approach. I'm going to focus on the smaller changes that will eventually get me where I want to be. And hopefully I won't get as discouraged or overwhelmed.
I have all these lofty ambitions, goals, desires, changes I want to make - yet I lack the focus and commitment to see them through. The effort and work that it takes to actually DO stuff is quite frankly, overwhelming. I feel exhausted before I even start. Discouraged before I even try.
I guess maybe a place to start would be with simply accepting myself the way that I am for now. If I wasn't always so dissatisfied, maybe I could actually recognize that I am not all that far away from where I want to be anyways. That's not to say I won't be working on those things that really must change (i.e. being more patient with my kids). But I think I'm going to try having a more gentle approach. I'm going to focus on the smaller changes that will eventually get me where I want to be. And hopefully I won't get as discouraged or overwhelmed.
Comments
Now when I exercise I don't worry about how many calories I've burned, or how much I'm sweating....it's more about the fact that I didn't used to exercise and now I do and maybe if I'm lucky that will mean something to my overall health....even if it doesn't mean something on the scale...at least my attitude has changed and I actually enjoy exercise. It's wonderful! Good luck! I think this is the healthiest attitude to take when it comes to the "S" word....you know SKINNY!