Well, my 4-year old has taken over my computer. She's figured out how to get online, and how to find nick jr dot com. It's crazy. I think she's becoming addicted. Anyways, whenever I want to get on and update my blog, or read friends' blogs, she wants to play a game. And if I tell her "in a minute" she whines, and whines, and whines... I find it's just easier to stay away from the computer while she's around, hence my blogging absence over the past week.
So for a quick update, over the past week, I have:
- finally upgraded my cell phone! & promptly dropped it to give it that broken in look... (no major damage done - just a scratched corner. oops.)
- gone to a lunch that my sweet friend held for all of us who have october birthdays in the ward. I so appreciate her work and kindness on our behalf. I heard her say all she wanted was for us to feel loved - Mission accomplished. I did feel very loved.
- supported my husband as he worked at the fall home show where he had his very own booth for the Draw Collar! I even helped a little - it was kind of cool talking to people and telling them about the product and even having them be interested...
- gone shopping for some fall clothes, and found some great deals. Unfortunately, the deals were on long sleeved t-shirts. YES, t-shirts. Again. However, in my defense, I did get some pants that aren't jeans, and I had bought a great scarf earlier last week, and I had finally gotten my cute rose headbands that my darling friend Katie makes. So, I'm slowly adding a little flair to my wardrobe - even if the majority of it is still my t's & jeans uniform.
- witnessed the sweetness of my husband who got emotional over changing our ward's young women's presidency. It's good every now and then to see that tender side of your spouse. And I am so excited for our YW program - the new leaders will be every bit as amazing as our old ones were... Lucky, lucky girls!
- been the recipient of an amazing gift that was given to myself and John anonymously. I so appreciate that whoever it was acted on the prompting they felt - and I feel so blessed to have a Father who is aware of us, and and angel here who He sent in His place. This gift reminded me that the Lord knows who I am, and He knows what I need. Thank you. We will put this gift to good use.
- and finally, I experienced some painful realizations about myself and how some of my choices and attitudes have impacted my children and their attitudes. It's been difficult to realize how my own habits of quitting, excusing myself, being inconsistent and even lazy have affected my son. And how my behavior when angry or stressed has become echoed in my own kids' reactions to things. But, as painful as these realizations were, I am trying to put them to good use as a motivation for major change in my life - and I hope that as my kids see me master myself, they will realize that they can change as well.
So there you have it. A look back on a week that has had many ups and downs. Overall, the ups outweighed the downs, so it was a good week.
Comments
I loved the end of your post. We are seeing a lot of my dad's reaction to his chronic pain mirrored in Nathaniel's behavior....and it drives me NUTS! I think it is one thing when you are fortunate enough to step back and realize that your little ones are mimicking some of your not so great behaviors, and a completely other thing when they are mimicking someone elses....because you can change your behavior....not much I can do about my dads....not good. Good luck putting your "realizations to good use"....you're great!