So, many of you know that John is working 3 days/week at his "real" job at the fireplace store, and has Thursday and Fridays "off" to do Draw Collar stuff. Well, the Draw Collar stuff wasn't too demanding this past week, so I got a few things checked off the honey-do list...
Shelves for the office. Now all I need is some great organizational things, and we'll be set! I love how they turned out...

And in an attempt to make some room in the pantry and cabinets, we had built these shelves a couple of weeks ago in the corner of the kitchen/eating area. I really like how they turned out too.

The lighting is not the best in either photo, but you get the general idea. I love the process of getting organized. I'm a purger by nature. Sentimental I ain't. Please don't give me heirlooms. If they don't fill a purpose in my life, then out they go. I don't have the mental energy to store things and/or remember that I have them.
Baby clothes - out. Dolls that my mom saved from when I was one (& never played with by the way) - given to sophie who promptly made the baby doll feel its age. Clothing - if it doesn't fit, out it goes. I don't even keep my own kids' school work. Does that make me a bad mom? Don't answer that. I mean, it's cute and everything, but really. Where do you keep it all???
Space is at a premium here. (as in, there is no storage space in this whole house!!!!!!!!) So bottom line is -
I'm really glad we got those shelves built.
Shelves for the office. Now all I need is some great organizational things, and we'll be set! I love how they turned out...
And in an attempt to make some room in the pantry and cabinets, we had built these shelves a couple of weeks ago in the corner of the kitchen/eating area. I really like how they turned out too.
The lighting is not the best in either photo, but you get the general idea. I love the process of getting organized. I'm a purger by nature. Sentimental I ain't. Please don't give me heirlooms. If they don't fill a purpose in my life, then out they go. I don't have the mental energy to store things and/or remember that I have them.
Baby clothes - out. Dolls that my mom saved from when I was one (& never played with by the way) - given to sophie who promptly made the baby doll feel its age. Clothing - if it doesn't fit, out it goes. I don't even keep my own kids' school work. Does that make me a bad mom? Don't answer that. I mean, it's cute and everything, but really. Where do you keep it all???
Space is at a premium here. (as in, there is no storage space in this whole house!!!!!!!!) So bottom line is -
I'm really glad we got those shelves built.
Comments
The shelves did turn out great!! I love your style!
You know the solution to having more space is moving out by me?!