Twice today my home has been empty of children. It's been quiet, relatively neat, and laundry has been done... But while the quiet is nice, and the opportunity to do whatever I want is liberating, it has gotten me thinking.
About how in 2 years, Sophie will be in kindergarten and in 3 years, she's gone all day.
And even though I joke and say that I can't wait, and that my house will get and stay clean for more than 20 minutes at a time - what will I be doing that will be so great? So worthwhile?
I do know that the baby/kids-at-home-all-day stages end for everyone. And I know that at that point we all have to somewhat reinvent ourselves.
But walking home today with no kids in tow and no kids waiting at home I had the thought -

About how in 2 years, Sophie will be in kindergarten and in 3 years, she's gone all day.
And even though I joke and say that I can't wait, and that my house will get and stay clean for more than 20 minutes at a time - what will I be doing that will be so great? So worthwhile?
I do know that the baby/kids-at-home-all-day stages end for everyone. And I know that at that point we all have to somewhat reinvent ourselves.
But walking home today with no kids in tow and no kids waiting at home I had the thought -
"Maybe I'm not in as big a hurry for Sophie to grow up as I thought..."
Comments
Last night I dreamed that Caely was getting married. Now THAT I can wait for!