query...

Okay - so I know in my last post I said that changing the color of my walls wouldn't bring me true happiness. BUT - I do think that the current color of the walls is bringing me down big time!

I just don't know when I can find the time to change them!

Anyone want to come paint my house?


And while you're at it, do you know anyone who wants to come clean it?

--K, but seriously - our vacuum died and we're looking to replace it. What are some models that any of you have had luck with? {keep in mind I don't have a huge budget...}

Comments

the greens said…
I could help paint your house if you help paint mine:) I hate painting!! Good luck on the vacuum hunting, ours isn't great.
pan x 8 said…
It's fall, time for a change.. maybe one of those pretty colors... sorry, painting not a talent...

Vacuums... hmm, tried them all - expensive and non.. they all seem to break - haven't tried the dyson but you know... no room for that one in my budget - so a few yrs ago I bought one on clearance at Walmart, put it together myself and suffer the same vacuum mess but only paid the $20

Good luck vacuum hunting.. sorry not better help!
Emily K. said…
I LOVE to paint. I'll be right over!!! Okay, really you have to tell me when you're painting, I'll totally help.

We have a dyson. Love it. Not necessarily a cheapy though
Liz said…
I read a consumer report that Walmart carries a vaccuum that is rated super high, and it is only $100. Problem is...I don't remember what kind it was!! I think Hoover?? Anyways, I think super crazy expensive vaccuums are not as great as they want you to believe, but I have also never owned one (so who am I to say??).

Have fun painting! I am getting ready to paint Avery's room and am putting it off like nothing else!
Cindy said…
I really LOVE to paint and I would LOVE to come help you paint your walls!!!!! Please invite me! We'll make it a party!!!!

As far as vacuum's go.....I dream of Dyson....we have a Dirt Devil Vision and it has worked pretty darn well for the last 3-4 years. I think it cost between $150 and $200 when we bought it, and my only complaint is that it "looses suction when the filter gets clogged"....ooooohhh Dyson man, I can hear your sultry accent right now.....have I ever told you about how much I love accents.....yummy!
Joshua Jensen said…
Good luck with the painting. That's when we call Jim. But, you know, it's cheaper to do it yourself, just hard to find the time.

After going through 3 vacuums in the first 4 years of marriage, we have actually had our current one for about 8 years, and it works great! It is a Hoover Wind Tunnel NOT a self-propelled one. I think we got it for $100-$150, but I can't really remember.
Unknown said…
Hoover C1431 Commercial Guardsman Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 12". Mike uses this for work, nothing fancy. He got tired of always bringing it in for me to use (I hated my old one) so he got one for my birthday.I love it! especially the long cord, I can vacuum the entire upstairs without replugging.