Home Improvement

So, after much nagging - I mean convincing - we finally bought paint and painted the upstairs of my house. I know many of you had offered your mad painting skills to help, but I just couldn't wait. Once John agreed to the project I had to jump on it right away...




I. Love. It.


It looks extremely white in this photo, but it it's much creamier in real life...

It looks like the yummiest french vanilla shade of cream.

It feels lighter, airier, happier. I may have to postpone a new vacuum, but at least I got my walls done!!!

I also have done a smaller project - I inherited a metal filing cabinet that had seen much better days. It was a scratched up, rusty, brown mess. But 2 cans of spray paint later, and it's re-born!



Hopefully someday soon I can put it to good use and get a little more organized in this office...

So, that's what I've been up to over the weekend...

Comments

Emily K. said…
I love it too! You picked a great color.
Annalyn said…
All since Thursday - wow...I'm calling you for my next painting job. Thanks for your great lesson on Sunday - as always, I left filling inspired to get to work!!
pan x 8 said…
Love it too! I love the color - "yummiest shade of french vanilla shade of cream". You done good. ;p
the green's said…
It looks wonderful! The color is pretty, it really lightens up your room. Good Job!
Cindy said…
Love it! Love it! Love it! It's amazing what a change in color will do! I loved your old color too, but it is fun to see what a different color does to the rest of your house! Love it!!!!
Joshua Jensen said…
Great filing cabinet! I need one of those too. I love the wall color! You can tell in the picture toward the stairs what a creamy color it is. Makes me want to paint. Maybe I'll use that in my basement. Hmmmm.