Welcome August











IT'S AUGUST, Y'ALL!!!


I'm always a little sad to see August come - it means the winding down of summer & back to school shopping (fun as a kid - not so much for adults on budgets...).

It also gets feeling a little frantic because you feel like you have to cram all the fun you haven't had yet into a few short weeks.

Time has continued to fly by with shocking speed. I know I sound like a broken record about this, but really! I can't believe it. Maybe I'm noticing it so much because my oldest - my sweet little boy - will be joining the miscreants that are "middle school students". Oh how I have dreaded this day. I know he'll be fine, he has some good friends, but it's just such a challenging time. I worry that I haven't prepared him enough. That I haven't equipped him with all of the skills he needs to deal emotionally and academically with this new stage. It's unbelievable that we're here already.

But it's okay. I'm determined to make the most of this month that is August. I am going to make it fun for my kids and fun for me. I will throw spontaneous picnics. I will practice my picture taking. I will paint toenails with regularity. I will throw the ball with my boys (as often as my back allows). I will watch their tricks on the tramp. I will encourage waterfights. I will -in short- be much more spontaneous and make just a little more effort in my role as mom.

So welcome August, bring it on!

(read post below if you want to hear about the fun bridal shower I went to last night)

Comments

Emily K. said…
Thankfully your kids have GREAT parents that will help them through the rough years of Jr. High.
I want to be a part of those fun Aug. activities!!
Having fun is so much work AND messy, but what about childhood isn't? let out your inner child and just go with it. messes can always get cleaned up later.
Linds said…
what's the plan today? I was thinking of going to the pool this week. you in? call me. And my legs are deceptively thin in those pictures. If you saw them in real life you would not be too impressed...
Marrdy said…
Be careful. You will turn around and he will be starting High School. He will be fine in Middle School. He has two great parents!
pan x 8 said…
I've always thought August was a downer... but there are still some good times to be had!

I love how you worry about the details because really that is what makes life up as a whole! Bryson is going to be great and will be able to roll with the punches that Middle School can throw him! Why? Because he is a GREAT kid and he has 2 GREAT parents! There you have it!