So, last week went by in quite a blur. I felt very VERY out of it.
Like I was suffering from a brain cloud (joe v. the volcano, anyone?).
Too much to keep track of, recover from, and prepare for.
They dragged out the start of school the entire week! Bryson had 1/2 day Tues, Meg started school Wed, Max started on Thursday. Not to mention Max's meet the teacher day, and signing all the stupid papers and disclosure statements from the other kids... Ugh. Glad the first days are over.

But then, we had the kids miss school on Friday so that we could go up to Bear Lake with my mom's family for our annual reunion/trip.
Thanks to some generous friends, we were able to camp in style in a pop-up trailer. I SO want one of these things (yes, I know I only camp once a year, but this thing made it so much nicer!)
Anyways, we left late afternoon on Thursday, and stopped for dinner at "the best McDonalds in the world" in Evanston. The kids love the play area there - saddles for seats, video game consoles, and a play center. However, this year it was not the best for service. Very irritating. But whatever. The kids didn't care. They still had a blast.
We arrived up at the lake around 8 or so, and it was lovely not having to set up a tent!
Friday we spent all day long down at the water. It seems like no matter how hard I try, I can't keep my kids sunscreened! Bryson and Megan burned again this year! I reapplied, I promise! But they are still miserable. Max and Sophie escaped the worst of the burns. I also neglected to spray myself with sunscreen, and I am now a shade of purply-red that is just gorgeous...


Saturday we were once again at the water - but this time, Bryson tried to avoid the sun as much as possible. He went golfing with John, and then stayed in the shade once they got back to the lake. Megan also tried to stay covered up.


We played catch, built sandcastles, ate lots of junk, and read trashy magazines. All the things that make up a great weekend at the lake...

But as much fun as it all was, I'm glad it's over.
We packed up after dinner last night, and hit the road, managing to get home at about 11pm. Needless to say, between sunburns and exhaustion, the kids didn't make it to church today. Oh well.
I must say, it was a very fun end to a good summer. Now I'm really looking forward to cooler weather, and a "normal" schedule. Bring on fall! (but not winter - never winter...)
Like I was suffering from a brain cloud (joe v. the volcano, anyone?).
Too much to keep track of, recover from, and prepare for.
They dragged out the start of school the entire week! Bryson had 1/2 day Tues, Meg started school Wed, Max started on Thursday. Not to mention Max's meet the teacher day, and signing all the stupid papers and disclosure statements from the other kids... Ugh. Glad the first days are over.
But then, we had the kids miss school on Friday so that we could go up to Bear Lake with my mom's family for our annual reunion/trip.
Thanks to some generous friends, we were able to camp in style in a pop-up trailer. I SO want one of these things (yes, I know I only camp once a year, but this thing made it so much nicer!)
Anyways, we left late afternoon on Thursday, and stopped for dinner at "the best McDonalds in the world" in Evanston. The kids love the play area there - saddles for seats, video game consoles, and a play center. However, this year it was not the best for service. Very irritating. But whatever. The kids didn't care. They still had a blast.
We arrived up at the lake around 8 or so, and it was lovely not having to set up a tent!
Saturday we were once again at the water - but this time, Bryson tried to avoid the sun as much as possible. He went golfing with John, and then stayed in the shade once they got back to the lake. Megan also tried to stay covered up.
We played catch, built sandcastles, ate lots of junk, and read trashy magazines. All the things that make up a great weekend at the lake...
But as much fun as it all was, I'm glad it's over.
We packed up after dinner last night, and hit the road, managing to get home at about 11pm. Needless to say, between sunburns and exhaustion, the kids didn't make it to church today. Oh well.
I must say, it was a very fun end to a good summer. Now I'm really looking forward to cooler weather, and a "normal" schedule. Bring on fall! (but not winter - never winter...)
Comments
Did John really make that sandcastle?? It's totally awesome!! I love the pics!! Also the bit about the trashy mags! ;p
Glad you're back safe and we get to start a great year with routines and fall weather.. I'm with you all the way!