So, I've been a total blog-slacker lately.

Every time I turn around, another week has passed, and I haven't taken the time to record any of what is going on. (not that it's exciting by any means...)

So here's a post of totally random things that have been on my mind lately.

The movie Julie and Julia. I forced John to go see it with me, and I really quite enjoyed it. I could really relate to Julie in the fact that she felt so badly that she hadn't ever really followed through with anything in her life. I so get that. That's me. And I LOVED the portrayal of Julia Child's marriage. They were so cute together! (even though she was more than a little obnoxious to listen to...) I want to be in love like that forever. He was so totally supportive of her.

T.V. - I read Emily's post about cutting tv for a while from their home, and John and I had been talking about doing this for quite some time. I'm gathering my courage to do this - and we will - soon.

Style. I am so wanting to define my style! In my home and in my clothes. I need to change up my decor style. It just feels stale right now. And as far as fashion goes, my goal is to build a closet that is full of clothes that make me feel great. So that I can pick out any outfit and know that it will fit properly, flatter my figure, and be stylish. This week I'm searching for a dress. It will kick off my closet makeover. If anyone has any suggestions for stores to shop at that have great dresses at a reasonable price - let me know! I don't have time for shipping, so I have to be able to go and buy.

And as an offshoot for style - hair. I got a new hair style. It's not as dramatically different as I had originally planned, but it's a fun change while still keeping a bit of length - and I LOVE the color. I tried a new stylist, and she's great - talented, and reasonably priced - so if anyone is interested, let me know and I can pass on her info...





not a great photo, but you get the general idea...










The weather. Haven't these last few cooler days just been amazing??? I have been so in love with this weather! It really makes me look forward to fall. FALL, not winter. I don't want winter. But if I could find somewhere to live where this is the temperature all year, I'd be there in a heartbeat!

aaanyway, I think that'll do for now - I'm off to follow through with my goal to be more social!

Comments

the green's said…
I noticed but failed to comment on your hair today, SO SO CUTE!! The park was fun and I love being able to socialize with adults.
Emily K. said…
love, love, love your hair! You gotta give me their name and #.
AND I can tell by your picture, you've totally lost weight. Good on you!
The TV thing is really working out. It hasn't been too hard, the kids have been great.
Annalyn said…
I also love the hair - you always look so good!! And I agree with the weather thing - it has been so nice. I heard Target has some cute clearance dresses???Haven't personally seen them yet though -
pan x 8 said…
Okay.. I don't know why you keep saying your posts are so boring because they totally are NOT!! Even your random thoughts get a chuckle out of me! BTW... I'll say it again - YOU LOOK GREAT! And I knew your hair was different but you know me and stuff.. blah - sorry!

And thanks - it has been so great to hang out with you the past couple of days! I can't wait to see your "treasure" if you find it tonight!! YAY!! Tonight is the Night!!!
Cindy said…
In my blurry-eyed rush to get Cambree out the door for dance I too noticed something different about you, but I just chalked it up to your rockin' weight-loss! You look so great!!! Love the hair! I'm still growing out a super bad cut....whose your great stylist?