Funniest Bridal Shower EVER!

I have to say - this couple's bridal shower that we had for John's youngest brother and his fiance last night was SO MUCH FUN!!

We started out with a train ride for the kiddies






























(ok, this neighborhood guy does this train thing, and he happened to be going up and down the street giving kids rides - so we didn't plan it, but it worked out great) (that sounds really creepy - it's not. He's my sister in law's neighbor, and he makes this train and brings it out every year for some festival-type thing. He's harmless. I'm sure.)

Then we got the kids busy with pizza, and the grown ups got to eat yummy homemade "Cafe Rio" burritos/salads. Sooo good. I HAD to indulge. Ditched the diet for an evening and really enjoyed the food.

It's always fun when someone new joins the family because then all the old funny stories get busted out, and it seems like they get funnier and more elaborate with each telling... But lots and lots of laughter - which is never bad.

Then it was time for games. Our bro-in-law Mike channeled Billy Mayes as he played the host of The Price is Right. I think the happy couple must have been relieved to find out the actual price of the items - they were regularly guessing at least$5 too high on stuff that actually ranged from $.97 to $3. What a relief to find out that it isn't $8.50 for a can of scrubbing bubbles.

Anyways then it was on to the main event. Toilet paper wedding gowns.















(my almost 18 year old nephew had no idea what he was in for...)
















The guys really got into this one.

Afterwards, we dove into a lovely cake made by my gorgeous sister-in-law Brianna. Check out her cake blog (some great pictures) at Brianna's Beautiful Bakes.















The party lasted til about 11:30, when we finally swapped a few kids, and headed home.

It was a great shower. Thanks to everyone - especially Heather who let us invade her home.

Comments

Emily K. said…
That looks so fun, can I throw one just for kicks?!
Unknown said…
I have to say that was one of the funnest showers I have been to. I love our family and it just keeps getting better. :P
Marrdy said…
What a great idea. Doing the dress thing on the guys. I'm all for that!
pan x 8 said…
Can I be a part of your family when you have the funnest gatherings?? That is the coolest idea to have a couple's shower! Fun times! I love the tidbit about the neighbor.. I think he's okay! ;p hehehehe..