Tell Me Something...

Tell me I'm not the only mother who has ever screamed at the top of her lungs like a 2 year old at her almost 4 year old...



Please.


It was just one of those evenings.


(we made up, but wow.)


I tell you, this little girl can throw a fit like no one I've ever seen. they go on so long and so strong, that she often forgets what she's mad about. Aggravating to say the least. I tell myself that her fits indicate a passionate personality that will be such a joy to watch once she gets it in control.

Just tell me she'll get it in control someday...


hard to believe that this.....












can go to this.......




*





so fast!


*picture not from this evening's particular fit. this picture is from a previous fit that probably also resulted in me yelling a little...

Comments

Liz said…
I just spent the morning screaming at my 2 oldest for their horrific behavior on the bike ride we went on this morning. Brats!
Marrdy said…
The only children who have mothers that DON'T scream at them like two year olds have not been born!

It's too late for Alex, he has already gone to the Dark Side and has been wearing "Girl Pants" for a while! I think I am used to it now.
Natalie said…
After I got mad at Isaac this morning, he screamed for 5 minutes in time out and then came to me and calmly said, "Jesus says for you to be nice to me." I now have a 3 year old who communicates directly with Jesus about my poor parenting skills. Lovely.
Karen said…
Natalie - I'm laughing so hard about your comment! That's too funny.

Marrdy - I know. I don't get it about those pants! Oh well. He's still a sweetie.

Liz - I so feel your pain. There are few things that get me going when the kids (especially the older ones) act like brats when we try to do something fun.

Thanks for letting me know it isn't just me...
Monika said…
My mom always tries to remind me that . . . "It is easier to contain a fire than to try and light one." We have a few of those firey personalities at our house!!!
Emily K. said…
The kids I know that don't get screamed at turn out the worst. It just means you are a fabulous mom. Been there, continuously!!!!
Cindy said…
Love all of the comments...especially Natalie and Isaac communicating directly with Jesus....my sides hurt! Glad to know I'm not the only 2 year old mother out there!.....when is nap time again?
Megan said…
Thanks for all the encouragement. Sometimes it's just nice to know we're not alone in our weak moments...
pan x 8 said…
You know you aren't the only one! One day, I'm sure, we'll look on these times and wonder where has all the time gone? Maybe?? Maybe not??? hmmph...

And I have to laugh so hard at Nat's comment. How about after Chach was sitting on the step for a 2 min timeout, he came to me and asked me if I was ready to apologize to him?? And I wasn't even the one whining!! this time anyway! hahaahaha