For Father's Day, my mom gave my dad a date with his kids. She got gift certificates for Gecko's and Mulligan's. And last week we finally got to go. This date was for siblings & dad only - no mom, no spouses, and especially NO KIDS. I think the last time we did anything like this had to have been before I got married, and that's going on 16 years...
We had a great time. Dinner was yummy, and mini golf was really fun. I came in dead last. (Amy only beat me by one stroke, but still...)
It was fun to be together and just be us. Joking, teasing... I am so glad mom had this idea, and I am so lucky to have such fun siblings. (& look how cute they all are!) Hopefully we can do this again sometime.

This week John took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who at Draper Park. I was originally going to go with them, but girl's night fell on the same night, and I REALLY needed that, so I ditched the kids and John was nice enough to take them anyway. They had so much fun! John said our kids were the only ones really laughing. (his explanation is that they were the only ones smart enough to "get it") I'm so glad they had such a great time, and that they have a dad who is willing to do stuff like that...
And tonight, we get to go to Draper Days. (of course, it's the HDOY with temps getting up around 100...) We'll have a picnic at my mom's, walk over to the park, and then come back, hang out, and wait for the fireworks show. We get a great view from the back of my mom's yard... Should be a very fun night...
Comments
I am so grateful for girl's night and good friends. Thanks for continuing to save my sanity. And what a good hubby you have, I know Chris would rather have his teeth pulled the do a movie in the park with a crowd ;)
Have fun tonight!
I thought it was so crazy ~ the heat yesterday and Draper Days was still so packed!! Glad you had a fun night!! And thanks for being a good friend and understanding about Thurs night!! You gals are all!! Love you!
And you looked great Saturday night at the park. (this is not a come on..you really did look great!)