I ended up having a very fun 4th of July.


Ward Breakfast in the a.m.
Family party in the afternoon.




So much fun wears a daddy out...
In between the fun, we spent time packing Bryson for his first scout camp experience. He will be gone all week. I'm doing okay. Deep breathing is working well...
Okay. I'm a wreck! I won't be at ease until Friday when my baby gets home all in one piece.
In my defense, they are going to a lake, and there will be a boat, and my son is not the strongest swimmer... so there are rational reasons for me to be so distraught. He'll be fine. I know this. But I'll know it better when he gets home. It does help though, that John went up today and tomorrow. So I won't REALLY panic until Wednesday.
I just cannot believe that I am old enough to have a child at scout camp. And going into 7th grade. I am so not mature enough for this.
Ward Breakfast in the a.m.
***
Family party in the afternoon.
So much fun wears a daddy out...
In between the fun, we spent time packing Bryson for his first scout camp experience. He will be gone all week. I'm doing okay. Deep breathing is working well...
In my defense, they are going to a lake, and there will be a boat, and my son is not the strongest swimmer... so there are rational reasons for me to be so distraught. He'll be fine. I know this. But I'll know it better when he gets home. It does help though, that John went up today and tomorrow. So I won't REALLY panic until Wednesday.
I just cannot believe that I am old enough to have a child at scout camp. And going into 7th grade. I am so not mature enough for this.
Comments
Erin - I never really thought about it from your perspective. I can imagine that would be incredibly stressful. Deep down I do know they'll be fine and have a blast, it's just that mom thing - you know.
Too crazy about Bryson....you want them to grow up, but it sure seems like they do it too fast when you want them to slow down and too slow when you wish this phase would end.....I'm not loving 8 and 10 by the way....more of that later though!
I can see why you'd be a wreck and think, after this first experience, next year you will totally be cool with it.. Bryson will have a fabulous time and John will have a good report for you on Wed and the week will fly by! ;p