Ties That Bind

I am going to forgo the Weighty Wednesday post because, frankly, I'm not feelin' it. I'm in a funk about weight issues, so I'm going to skip it this week.

Besides I have something much better to blog about this week.

John's amazing tie.

The activity day girls in the ward made ties for their dads and the bishopric for Father's Day.

They were spectacular. Bedazzled within an inch of their lives, tricked out with puff paint...




Notice the detail of the pipe-cleaner basketballs and the puff-paint hoop. I love this tie.


And even more, I love that John proudly wore that tie all day long.

Comments

Linds said…
and he looks real happy about it too!
Every dad needs a tie like that. Just to show off how much he is loved.
Emily K. said…
what a good dad! You were missing from that sweet picture, I'm sure there is a timer setting on your camera for next time ;)
Cindy said…
Love it! That was actually Brin's 1st Activity Day's....Jay got a green shamrock tie with pipe cleaners and ribbon....don't know when he will ever wear it again!
Liz said…
I'm glad you posted it....I never saw John's tie. Bills was SOOOO short. Loved it.
Unknown said…
Thank you! I have been inspired by this...I am going to get some puff paint and make Mike a tie for his next birthday. Dead trees and chainsaws :P
pan x 8 said…
How about.. I looked at his tie most of the time I was up there teaching because I kept thinking it was a great tie! ;p Kinda tells you where my mind was wandering when I was up there, huh?? Hmmm...
Marrdy said…
What a great Fathers Day gift and what a perfect day to wear it all day long.
Rebekah said…
I love those homemade ties. they are always so cute and so fun to see the dad's wearing them at church. good job mom!