Serious Lightening Strike

While we were at John's parent's house yesterday, we got a phone call from his dad (who was working at the Oquirrh Temple Open House) and he said that the Angel Moroni had been hit by lightening.

On our way home, we drove past to check it out...





zoom in and check out how black the face and horn are. It's crazy!

Comments

Emily K. said…
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it. Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing
pan x 8 said…
Can you believe that?? Thanks for the pic, my kids really loved being able to see it! (You know me, probably wouldn't have looked it up on my own!) ;p
Natalie said…
There was a big picture of this in the newspaper today too. How crazy is life when the temple is getting struck by lightning?? Isaac decided that they just need to re-paint him. Somehow I don't think that will be good enough!
Marrdy said…
OK, this is right by my house and I didn't know this happened! How crazy is that?
Cindy said…
Yikes! Glad I'm not a bronze statue standing on top of a temple....that would hurt!
Monika said…
Woah! Great pics. I had no idea!!