
My sweet sister posted on her blog just for me and included this awesome quote from Trainer Bob on Biggest Loser. I so appreciated her thoughts for me and it was at a moment when I REALLY needed to hear/read them.
"Who cares if you found yourself missing a few days or a week. Start back today. I'm here and not going anywhere. I'm here for you so today is a brand new day and you can start the Challenge now. Whenever you feel like you have gotten side tracked for whatever reason, know that you have the power to start again, TODAY. It is all about being in the present and letting the past die every minute. You have no control of what has already happen or when is yet to happen but you do have all the power right now and that is the most important so PLEASE look at yourself in a mirror today and tell yourself, “I'm Ready! I'm worth starting over and I don't care how many times I have fallen, I'm picking myself up TODAY!!” I hope that you have a great and positive day today. I hope that you get your challenge done today. I hope that you make HEALTHY food choices today and MOST OF ALL, I hope that you find that inner resolve that we all have to make a difference for yourself today….I have all the faith in you!!!!"-Bob Harper, mytrainerbob.com, Biggest Loser Trainer
So, yesterday I put a note on my fridge that says "EVERY CHOICE MATTERS".
You see, since my post last Wednesday, I have STRUGGLED!!! While John was gone, I seriously lapsed into a food/candy coma. It's no one's fault but my own. So many of you had great suggestions, and were so encouraging.
The problem is that I know the HOW of getting thin. I need to figure out the WHY I don't put it into practice. Indulge me a little blog-therapy if you will...
Why do I eat things that are unhealthy for my body:
* um, they taste great - thankyouverymuch.
* a product of my upbringing -whenever a treat was opened, if you weren't right there, you missed out. So kind of a "i've gotta eat it or it'll be gone" thing. And isn't it a mom rule that you have treats in the house for the kiddos?
* laziness - I don't like cooking, don't like the mess afterward, and don't like that no matter how long food takes to prepare, it is gone and over in 5 minutes flat.
*fear - I'm afraid to try new recipes. I'm not a good enough cook to experiment.
*boredom - I'm a food chicken. I don't care for a lot of seasonings and spices, so my menu repetoir (sp???) is very limited.
*feeling like I deserve it. Like because my day was hard, I should get a treat.
So how do I fix these things?
*Keep my treat selection for my kids to things that are healthier &/or undesirable to me
*the truth of the matter is that I feel kinda sexy when I cook a good meal (tmi? shhh. don't tell john, he'll want me to cook EVERY day), I just lack the planning and organization to do it more. I really do hate the mess afterwards though. AND my kitchen is ridiculously small so it's just plain difficult to cook in there. (not much I can do about the kitchen right now, so I'll just have to suck it up) But I should embrace my sexy domestic side. (at least it's not sexy-dominatrix, right?)
*Another thing I think I ought to try is a new recipe once a week. Easy/foolproof suggestions welcome... ( I may even get brave and try a spice here and there...)
*non food "treats" for soothing a tired/overwhelmed/depressed psyche. Like painting my toes (oh wait, can't bend to reach 'em), or reading a book (oops, tend to snack when I read), well. I'll work on that one...
Anyway -
Starting today I am writing down everything I eat, so hopefully all of these things put together will help me get moving again in the right direction. I'm going to find my "inner resolve" and quit giving myself permission to fail. (which is a topic for a whole other post...)
Comments
Good luck.. I know you can do it! You just have to find something that will work for YOU and you will - 'cause you are good like that!
Go Karen.. Go Karen.. You can do it! Go Karen!!