Thursday Was...

Sophie had her cute friend Kate over for much of the afternoon. They immediately got into their princess dresses and went outside. I heard them singing as they jumped on the trampoline to a tune from Enchanted, "la la la poop! la la la poop!" And then they'd collapse into giggles. It was hilarious! And here I thought it was just the boys that think the word "poop" is funny!



Then Amy brought her kids over to play. Is this not THE most edible baby you've ever seen??? I love how you can barely see her lips in profile because of those cheeks!

OOH! I could just nuzzle on her all day!













Then, on to Megan's dance recital... she did SO great! Her dance was "Stray Cats" and this was the first year where she really let go and went all out. In the past, she seemed to hold back a little and not really emphasize the movements. Not this year...




















She did an awesome job, and we're so proud of her!!! I'm so glad we have such a great little studio so close...

Her cute cousin Hannah wanted to bring her some flowers because she remembered that last year lots of girls got bouquets... I know, I totally should do that for her, but...













We then decided to take the kids to McDonald's for a sundae...


....which quickly deteriorated into "we try to do something nice and all you do is complain and whine and see if we EVER do something fun with you again!"

Then we came home, put the kids to bed, and got out a few treats and watched Taken (which we had redboxed...). So at least it ended well! Actually, the whole day was pretty great, minus the mcfall apart.

Whew!
Bring on Friday...

Comments

Monika said…
I agree! Megan blew me away last night. She was so entertaining to watch!! IMPRESSIVE!!!
Marrdy said…
Megan is growing up too fast. And how about that baby...don't you just want to pinch those cheeks?
Annalyn said…
You know, I picked Megan out even before I looked at the program and knew she was in it - she was awesome!! WE probably passed you in the window of Mc's if you were on 1300 East - we went through the drive through..my boys were already like an hour past their bedtime, we were pushing things! Anyway, fun post!
Liz said…
What adorable girlies (each and every one of them)!!
pan x 8 said…
What a fun day and you know it wouldn't be a PERFECT day without the "mcfall apart" episode!

I would love to see that video of Megan because you know it's in her but rarely see! ;p

What a great Thursday for you!!!
Liz said…
Megan is a super dancer....so coordinated and determined. I've enjoyed watching her this year. Very natural! My favorite stray cat!
Cindy said…
Megan was so cute and I agree she looked so natural up there on stage. Can't wait to see Sophie next year with Kate and Bree!
pan x 8 said…
Hey Karen, gave you an award! You can grab it on my Insanities blog! Woo hoo!!
Joshua Jensen said…
I thought Megan did awesome!!! I was so impressed with how great she is. We nixed the thought of going out afterwards because of the fear of the fall apart. Glad it ended well.