A New Look... & a Star Trek Review (kinda)

So, what do you think of the new blog look? I'm mixed. I really want to learn how to design layouts and buttons. Anyone know how? I'm a fairly quick learner if I watch someone do it. Not so much when I have to read about how to do it (unless of course it's so step by step that my 3 year old could do it...) I like the bird thing, but not LOVING the overall colors... we'll see.



Anyways, I got to see Star Trek on Friday night with John. (FINALLY had a date! felt like forever since we'd been on a real date - - trips to Home Depot or Harmon's without the kids don't REALLY count in my book)

I actually really liked the movie! I'm not a huge trekkie, and didn't have great expectations for it, but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was cool seeing Spock and Kirk as kids. I laughed a lot, and thought they nailed the casting.

That said, though, I don't think I'll ever go to a movie like that (you know, with a cult following) on opening night again... I'm not into the crowds that cheer for the previews, and as each character came on screen. Ugh. No thanks. And the guy sitting behind us??? MWAH HAHAHA. Holy cow, guy. Yeah, it was funny. but not THAT funny.

Anyways... I'm off now to go enjoy this beautiful day! Cheers...

Comments

Liz said…
I HATE sitting by obnoxious people at the movies!! When we went to Titanic for the first time, I was sitting right next to this guy who translated the ENTIRE movie into spanish for his buddy sitting next to him. Seriously!?!?!

I love the new blog look!!
Emily K. said…
Love, love, love the new look! You did great!
I think I'll wait for Netflix for the movie, since I too am not a Trekie. That way no one will know I saw it :)
Karen said…
Oh, I didn't design this layout! It is a free one from laylou's blog (see banner at VERY top of my blog...) I wish I could take credit.
pan x 8 said…
Hey so I'm glad you went on a date! I hate it when it feels like forever..

And is that Star Trek cast not good looking or what?

And your blog is way CUTE!! Whether you put it together or not! It's yours. Just playing around with mine and can't decide!
Marrdy said…
I like the new layout too. And I can hardly wait to go see Star Trek. Maybe we could all invest in stun guns to take to the theater with us.