Scare Tactics

So.

You know Max had strep this week. Well the past couple of days he would complain on and off about his legs hurting. And then today he was limping and hobbling all over - stairs hurt his legs bad. So that, coupled with the fact that his poor eyes still looked sick, I called the pediatrician to see if I should be concerned.

Don't you just love it when they jump to worst case scenario right off the bat???

Yeah, "um, osteomyelitis can occur from strep, you should take him to Primary's ER"

Nice. Really? Not "just watch it for another day or so and if it's accompanied by fever or whatever, take him in?"

Oh, no.

So, off to the ER we went.

5 hours, 2 IV attempts (1 blown vein), and 6 xrays later...

Negative. Blood work normal, xrays normal.

Treatment for pain ridden legs? MOTRIN 3x per day & call the pediatrician on Monday.

So lets see. That brings my med schedule to 2 doses of tapazole, 1 dose of synthroid, 3 doses of motrin, 2 doses of amoxicillan EVERY DAY. And that's just Max! Bryson is still taking 2 doses of amoxicillan daily as is Sophie.

That's a lot of meds for one family.

I'm incredibly grateful they didn't find any hint of infections. I'll be so glad when everyone is healthy again...

Comments

Alysha said…
Wow! Poor Max. Osteomyelitis? Isn't that what Jason had when he was 8? Scary. I am glad that it came out negative.
Emily K. said…
What in the world is going on over there? I hear if you moved to WJ you wouldn't get sick kids ;)
I'm sorry. That's no fun to have worry like that, PLUS being the pharmacy. I hope it ends soon.
Joshua Jensen said…
That's happened to Fischer before when he had strep, except my dr. didn't freak out so we just waited it out and he's fine. But, sometimes you never know. Glad he's O.K., hope everyone feels better SOON. At least the weather is nice enough you can go walking and get a break!
Annalyn said…
I'm so sorry - I would never be able to keep all of those meds straight. So glad that things were normal though for Max. Hang in there with off track!!
Marrdy said…
If you can keep all the medication straight you deserve mom of the year award.