Phew

John finally got back from Wisconsin yesterday afternoon. I survived it. The kids survived it. It was touch and go there for a little while... But everyone made it.

He was back there to do some testing on the Draw Collar for safety and clearances (the distance you have to be from walls, etc...), and everything went great. It passed all with flying colors. We can now go forward with even more confidence in our product.

It's always interesting when he is gone to really MISS him. I mean, I know I love him, and I enjoy having him around...but when he is away - it just reminds me how much I count on him. I'm so glad he made it back safe. And I slept much better having him home.

In other news, my last visit with the chiropractor was interesting. He went over the course of action in greater detail, and basically told me that I can't clean my house for 2-3 weeks.

Ok, he didn't really say it like that, but he said I have to be careful about bending and twisting - and specifically mentioned doing the dishes and vacuuming and even getting groceries out of the car. Just those types of motions... Well. I guess it's as good a time as any to get the kids to help out more! Doctor's orders!

Oh, and he said no exercising until he gives the ok (of course, just when I make plans to work out with a friend...)

Now if we can just get the pain to go away... (apparently, it's caused by a bulging disc that is in turn pinching or strangulating the nerve... and we have to fix my alignment in order to let that disc heal.) Why, oh why isn't there just a pill or something I can take to just get it fixed???

Oh well.

Comments

Cindy said…
So glad to hear that everything is going so well with the draw collar. Sorry that you got bad news from the chiropractor...it's good that he knows what is going on and can fix it. Sorry it has to come at a time when you are itching to exercise though.
Liz said…
Have you had a massage to help the pain? Rod injured his neck and shoulder in a motorcycle accident and the only thing that helped him was massages (and they weren't that enjoyable, apparently). We pent countless dollars on the chiropractor and had ZERo result, but almost instantly he got soem relief from the massages. Just my very humble 2 cents, :).
YAY on the collar success! I love hearing the updates! WOOHOO!
Emily K. said…
Can I get those same doctors orders?
That's good news about the draw collar, this is so great!
Marrdy said…
Congrats to you both on the good news about the draw collar!!

Too bad about the pain though. I hope it eases and you will be able to get back to your exercising soon!