There Is No Such Thing As Ambien Jr.

Or tylenol p.m. jr. Or pediatric Unisom. Dangit.


I took Sophie to the doctor today. Because she doesn't go to sleep until 10:30 or 11:30 pm.

I don't like to take my kids to the dr. for every little thing, so you know I am really REALLY struggling with this.

Here's the diagnosis, "She may just be one of those kids who doesn't require as much sleep as others..."

REALLY??

But I need her to require as much sleep as other kids. I'm dying here! This battle of her sneaking out of bed, getting into stuff, and just overall being a pain ends in tears - hers and mine - every night.

My hope was that there was some prescription they could write that will just knock her out. Oh no. There's bedtime routines, and timers, and reward charts...

CANT ANYTHING BE EASY WITH KIDS?????

Yes, that's me yelling. Sorry. I'm better now.

Oh well. Here's hoping that routines and reward charts will do the trick...



She just looks so sweet. You'd never know that she's such a little monster!

Comments

Liz said…
Ah yes, but there is such a thing as Benadryl.
I hate sleeping issues, they stink. Hopefully you'll find something that works for you guys.
Training is going pretty good, I'm doing something every day but Sunday. I just hate the bike! It makes my special parts ache...and not in a good way! LOL! Are you glad you asked??
pan x 8 said…
I'm totally giggling because 1) she is too darling to even think she gives out that kind of grief! 2)sleeping issues are always issues at my house too! AND they come in waves (big big ones!) and 3)it is a joy to share motherhood with you my friend!!!

here's to hoping sleep will come sooner than later!!
Emily K. said…
I feel your pain, in other area's, but still it's painful. The thing is, they DO look so sweet you don't get the sympathy you deserve. Wish I had a magic spell to fix it. Turn the lock around and lock her in. There's no abuse in that, right? :)
Cindy said…
I think that we have all wished for a little sleep aid for at least one of our children....someone should write the drug companies about this one.....They're not habit forming and are totally safe....so why not for our toddlers! Good luck!!!!!
Joshua Jensen said…
I wish I had great words of wisdom. Somehow we have not had trouble getting our kids to sleep, yet. (I fear the day Hadley outgrows her crib, but maybe as long as she has a binki, we'll be fine - haha, J/K I really don't want her to have it that long.) But, sleeping through the night, that's another story. Why is that all of our bodies need sleep so much, and yet it is such a struggle for us to sleep sometimes? Good luck with Sophie. I say you tried the doctor, now go to Herbs for Health.
Liz said…
Melathonin...It has changed our life! It's the natural producing hormone that your body produces when you sleep. It's awesome. Parker's pediatrician recommended it because it is natural and helped him fall asleep an hour earlier every night. They are at GNC. I will call you!
Marrdy said…
All three of my kids are night owls. I blame it on my mother because she is too. Good luck, I do hope you find something that works.