It's Just Spilt Milk...


I know that we are supposed to be sweet and patient when our kids spill their drinks. It was an accident, I get it.

But when your kid spills every. single. time. there's a drink in front of them, it doesn't make me a bad mom if I growl, and am mad... does it?

I know. There are cups with lids. But really? Is it too much to ask that my almost 4 year old be able to touch a cup without knocking it over? My opinion is she's way too old for sippy cups.

But for my sanity's sake, I may have to go buy some.

Comments

Emily K. said…
I think all of my kids have been like that at some point. They grow out of it, thankfully.
Annalyn said…
I have a ton you could have! Oh, don't I know what it means to get grumpy at a mess...I am the worst - especially when it just got cleaned. We drink pretty much water (really, nothing else except on special occasions) that seems to help my sanity!
Joshua Jensen said…
I have an almost 8-year old that still spills frequently. He's getting a lot better though. Sorry, that probably wasn't what you wanted to hear. If it's going to help you, then switch to a sippy, but I agree, she's too old. You could hold her cup for her, and when she wants a drink she can ask for her cup! I also find spills very aggravating. The other day at dinner, we had three spills within 5 minutes, that was very frustrating. But, she will grow out of it, eventually, you hope.
Marrdy said…
You're right. 4 is too old for sippy cups, unless..the regular cup gets spilled every single time. But I'm betting she will get better as time goes on!