So in an attempt to move that ghastly picture further down the page, I thought I'd post SOMETHING this morning.
Anything.
Just to get that picture out of my face. (and yours)
This morning we had to get out the door early in order to get John to work and me back by 9am for Max's speech therapy appointment. Yes. That means out the door by 8 - just in case there's traffic.
I had a friend asking me about us being a 1 car family for a while, and she expressed her concern that I drive John to Orem every morning simply because of car-pool duty. But it's not just car pool, it's dance, speech, errands, basketball, basketball, basketball... oh, and freedom! I go insane when John takes the car. Just knowing that I am trapped at home (or within walking distance) gets me antsy like nothing else.
But while we were talking, I also realized that I have come to really enjoy this time with John in the car. I feel cheated when I don't get that for whatever reason. I love that he keeps his hand on my leg almost the whole ride. Just that time and closeness is such a gift. & I love that I get to sneak peeks at him.

When we're in the car I have his mostly undivided attention. I get to talk to him about how I've been feeling about things. I can cry if I need to or be silly if I want to. In our increasingly busy lives, surprisingly, having just the 1 car has (for now) been a blessing.
But as much as I have really come to treasure this time, I still look forward to the day when we can get another vehicle...
but I'll miss the drives
Anything.
Just to get that picture out of my face. (and yours)
This morning we had to get out the door early in order to get John to work and me back by 9am for Max's speech therapy appointment. Yes. That means out the door by 8 - just in case there's traffic.
I had a friend asking me about us being a 1 car family for a while, and she expressed her concern that I drive John to Orem every morning simply because of car-pool duty. But it's not just car pool, it's dance, speech, errands, basketball, basketball, basketball... oh, and freedom! I go insane when John takes the car. Just knowing that I am trapped at home (or within walking distance) gets me antsy like nothing else.
But while we were talking, I also realized that I have come to really enjoy this time with John in the car. I feel cheated when I don't get that for whatever reason. I love that he keeps his hand on my leg almost the whole ride. Just that time and closeness is such a gift. & I love that I get to sneak peeks at him.
When we're in the car I have his mostly undivided attention. I get to talk to him about how I've been feeling about things. I can cry if I need to or be silly if I want to. In our increasingly busy lives, surprisingly, having just the 1 car has (for now) been a blessing.
But as much as I have really come to treasure this time, I still look forward to the day when we can get another vehicle...
but I'll miss the drives
Comments