Adventures in Sciatica


Just in case you have never suffered from sciatic nerve pain, here is a little list of things that are impacted by it. (that sentence ended horribly. oh well, just send the grammar police on it's way)
  1. sitting and standing
  2. blow-drying my hair. I can't flip my hair upside down.
  3. picking things up off the floor. Good thing I have monkey toes and can pick things up with them and just flip them into my hands...
  4. shaving my legs. It's over-rated anyway, right? Hairy legs are in, aren't they? Part of the whole "green movement"?
  5. sitting on the floor. I can no longer sit cross-legged on the ground.
  6. getting into the car. Grimacing and wincing has become my new m.o.
  7. putting on pants. Nylons??? Don't even think about it.
My kids don't even bat an eye anymore when they hear me going "ouchouchouchouch" when shifting positions on the couch. And the worst thing is that absolutely NOTHING helps! Not stretching, not tylenol, not rubbing (tmi? sorry)...

So literally, this pregnancy has been a major pain in my butt! But it'll be worth it, right?

Ultrasound on Thursday!!! Can not wait.

Comments

Annalyn said…
I'm so sorry to hear that you are ALWAYS in pain - I don't have to do the monkey toe thing until I'm too big to lean over...I'm so sorry! Of course, I'm so excited FOR you for Thursday!
Marrdy said…
That is my second biggest pain about being pregnant...#1 was morning sickness. I hope it goes away soon!
Liz said…
Sucks. I'm sorry, it just sucks.