So.
Many of you know that a couple of years ago I had a miscarriage at about 12 weeks, and then last summer had another at about 10 weeks.
I had a doctor's appointment today, and I feel comfortable in telling everyone that I am now officially 14 weeks pregnant.
We heard the heartbeat at about 10 weeks, but that didn't quite reassure me. But hearing it today and knowing that I am past the point where I have previously had problems, makes me feel much better about the whole "telling people" thing.
It's been strange. I have not allowed myself to get excited up to now, and have prefaced every statement regarding the pregnancy with "if everything goes okay..." and "assuming nothing goes wrong".
I'm officially banning that type of language and thinking from my mind. I will now get fully excited and invested in this pregnancy.
Before you ask, yes, I have had awful morning sickness, but around 12 weeks, within a space of about 3 days I went from feeling like death warmed over to feeling close to normal which was very strange, and not a little frightening. But I feel much better now.
I have been having trouble with my sciatic nerve, and I have been told that it'll probably just get worse. (thanks very much) So that will be fun.
But anyways - I just wanted to share this exciting news with my friends and let myself get a little more excited.
Many of you know that a couple of years ago I had a miscarriage at about 12 weeks, and then last summer had another at about 10 weeks.
I had a doctor's appointment today, and I feel comfortable in telling everyone that I am now officially 14 weeks pregnant.
We heard the heartbeat at about 10 weeks, but that didn't quite reassure me. But hearing it today and knowing that I am past the point where I have previously had problems, makes me feel much better about the whole "telling people" thing.
It's been strange. I have not allowed myself to get excited up to now, and have prefaced every statement regarding the pregnancy with "if everything goes okay..." and "assuming nothing goes wrong".
I'm officially banning that type of language and thinking from my mind. I will now get fully excited and invested in this pregnancy.
Before you ask, yes, I have had awful morning sickness, but around 12 weeks, within a space of about 3 days I went from feeling like death warmed over to feeling close to normal which was very strange, and not a little frightening. But I feel much better now.
I have been having trouble with my sciatic nerve, and I have been told that it'll probably just get worse. (thanks very much) So that will be fun.
But anyways - I just wanted to share this exciting news with my friends and let myself get a little more excited.
I'm having a baby!!! (yikes)
Oh, by the way, due date is July 21.
Comments
Congratulations Karen - I'm excited to see this baby grow on you! hehehehe!
Love you!