So my poor Max. Early in December, he lost one of his top front teeth. Almost immediately, his remaining (& loose) front tooth moved into the center space. Not only did the tooth move over, it also stuck out, giving him a snaggle-tooth.
Daily we tried pulling it out. Nothing.
Finally, late last week I gave it a little tug, and out it came. YAY! At last, the snaggle-tooth was gone, and in it's place was an immediate lisp. "Why do I thound like thith?"

He was so excited. The tooth fairy was going to come and bring him a dollar...
yeah.
The tooth fairy forgot.
He came upstairs just heartbroken. He had already planned going shopping with his money, and was inconsolable that she had forgotten. How could she??? "She must have been super-busy last night..." I offered. "I know she'll come tonight."
She did come that night. And brought him double. Oh the joy! He made John take him to the dollar store later that day to spend his loot. A pair of sunglasses and a powerade later, he was content.
By the way, the lisp is gone.
Daily we tried pulling it out. Nothing.
Finally, late last week I gave it a little tug, and out it came. YAY! At last, the snaggle-tooth was gone, and in it's place was an immediate lisp. "Why do I thound like thith?"
He was so excited. The tooth fairy was going to come and bring him a dollar...
yeah.
The tooth fairy forgot.
He came upstairs just heartbroken. He had already planned going shopping with his money, and was inconsolable that she had forgotten. How could she??? "She must have been super-busy last night..." I offered. "I know she'll come tonight."
She did come that night. And brought him double. Oh the joy! He made John take him to the dollar store later that day to spend his loot. A pair of sunglasses and a powerade later, he was content.
By the way, the lisp is gone.
Comments