Where is the Magic?

Today is Christmas Eve - My house is filled with the sounds of my children laughing and playing. Cheerfully they clean up the house... Cookies freshly baked, making the house smell divine. Excitement about the festivities tonight fills the air. I am cheerfully getting everyone cute for the party. Happy, happy, happy!


Did I say "is"? I meant to say ISN'T.

I am grumpy. My kids are fighting. Everyone is sleep deprived all because I made the HUGE mistake of letting Sophie have a late nap yesterday.

Yeah. The monster didn't go to sleep until 11:30/12 last night.

Not that I'm blaming today's mood solely on her. Really, I blame myself. I have recognized that my kids are simply mirroring my attitude/tone of voice/mood back at me. Why?

Why am I grumpy? Today of all days? Why can't I just put on a smile and fake it?

I don't know. I blame the sugar cookies. They started the whole mess, and one thing led to another and boom - here I am. Once again sharing my failings with the world.

Don't you worry though. I'm sure that by the time I hit "publish post" I will be just fine. The magic will find me. It always does.

Comments

Liz said…
I hear you. I have wanted to smack Rod upside the head with a cast iron skillet all day long.
pan x 8 said…
The magic, my sweet friend, is in YOU and as soon as you are ready to unlock it, let them have it... but not 'til you're good and ready! Merry Christmas Karen, you are such an inspiration to me.. Thank you!! :)
Liz said…
But did you go screaming into the bathroom, lock the door, and scream.."that's it! I'm done...you all do Christmas"? That is, unfortunately, what I did on Christmas Eve. Ho HO ho
katie and co. said…
Oh my goodness! I am so glad that our Christmas card found you! How fun to check in with you on your blog as well. Holy cow...your kids are so big, an you and John look great! We hope to stay in touch! Thanks for the comment!