1. Started your own blog … June 2008
2. Slept under the stars … Sleepovers in elementary and middle school. Mostly at my good friend Alisa Armstrong's house on her trampoline.
3. Played in a band…nope - but I did play cello in 6th grade orchestra.
4. Visited Hawaii…Not yet.
5. Watched a meteor shower.... Yes, but unfortunately I can't remember specifics
6. Given more than you can afford to charity … Not really - I have occasionally payed more to fast offerings than I could really afford... does that count?
7. Been to Disneyland … I think only 3 times my entire life.
8. Climbed a mountain … Yes. There was a death march I remember as a young kid with my Paulsen cousins up Mount Olympus. Thought I was going to die! I remember feeling like I was going to puke nearly the whole time.
9. Held a Praying Mantis… Um no. Bugs make me cry.
10. Sang a solo … In 2nd grade we had a talent show and for some insane reason, I decided to sing some song from The Fantastiks that no one would have ever ever heard of. I remember sounding like I was going to cry the whole time. Since then, I've only done group stuff - and then, only rarely.
11. Bungee jumped. No thank you.
12. Visited Paris… I did spend one night in Paris when John and I were coming home from a 10 day trip to Southern France. We had good intentions of seeing some sights, but were too dang tired. So we only saw what we could from the taxi we took from the train station to the hotel, and then the next morning on the way to the airport. I did see the Eiffel Tower from the freeway though.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea...I wasn't at sea, but the lightning was, and I watched from the beach. Beautiful.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch … Sure. That's my excuse for having no artistic ability...
15. Adopted a child...
16. Had food poisoning … I don't think so. Lucky me.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty…
18. Grown your own vegetables…Tomatoes and zucchini. I'm a pathetic gardener!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France…
20. Slept on an overnight train... When I was in 6th grade, we had moved to Reno for a year. I came back to SLC early with my mom, and what should have been an 8(?) hour train ride, had taken over 12 hours. So, yes, I slept on a train, but no, it wasn't in in overnight car.
21. Had a pillow fight … Yes, of course.
22. Hitch hiked…No, I don't want to die.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill … Yes, and I constantly try to get my husband to as well.
24. Built a snow fort … Yes, we made some awesome ones at the cabin. Back in the days before climate change started reducing the amount of snow we receive...
25. Held a lamb… what the???
26. Gone skinny dipping…I'm pretty sure not.
27. Run a Marathon…
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice…No, but wouldn't that be fun?
29. Seen a total eclipse… I think so. I remember making those little devices to watch an eclipse safely, but I don't think it made much of an impression on me.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset … I actually don't think I've sat and just watched one till it was complete - Maybe once or twice.
31. Hit a home run…Not to my recollection.
32. Been on a cruise… Yes, Western Caribbean when I was about 20 weeks pregnant with Bryson. I still hiked Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica though.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person… No. Just on Superman.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.... No, but I'd love to go to Sweden/Norway someday.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language. Nein. Ich nicht sprechen Deutsch. Wow! how was that??? 2 years of German weren't wasted after all.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied… Let's see. John was self-employed for the majority of our marriage, and we don't really have great business sense, so no. We've been perpetually struggling. But hopefully in the not too far future, I will be able to answer that question in the affirmative.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing… No. It's on my list of things that I'd like to try someday - maybe.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David…
41. Sung karaoke … Surprisingly, no. I think it would be fun though.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt… Summer 1993
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant… I have been wanting to do this. Or pay for a portion of someone's groceries in line behind me - I think it'd be amazing to be in a position to perform random acts like that.
44. Visited Africa...No, but it'd be cool to go, after all, John's part African. (He has a great-great-great that was from South Africa, but he jokes that it's why he can dunk.)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight … Ah, yes, with a screaming 1 year old. Trying to drown out her cries with the crashing surf... (the noise of the crashing surf, not literally drown her in the crashing surf...) good times, good times.
46. Been transported in an ambulance… No, but I did ride down the slopes in the ski patrol toboggan. -knee injury, stupid boyfriend, 'nuff said...
47. Had your portrait painted…
48. Gone deep sea fishing…I'm pretty sure I'd get sea sick.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.... *sniff*
51. Gone scuba diving... I don't like seeing what I'm swimming with.
52. Kissed in the rain…Yes. *shivers*
53. Played in the mud … I'm sure I have at some point.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater …Most memorable time, right before John left on his mission. "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves". Ever ything I Do became "our" song.
55. Been in a movie...
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business…I can take partial credit since I put up with the aftermath of it. John had a business where he installed the swamp coolers that R.C Willey sold.
58. Taken a martial arts class…
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen...In young women's we did. I don't remember enjoying it.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies…No, but I support our local girl scouts by buying and consuming many boxes each year.
62. Gone whale watching...No, but after watching "Voyage of the Mimi" in 5th grade, I desperately wanted to.
63. Got flowers for no reason….John used to send me flowers. Before we had kids though, and had a little extra $.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma… Actually, I don't think I have. Bad, I know.
65. Gone sky diving…
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp…
67. Bounced a check…noooo. never.
68. Flown in a helicopter...We were going to for our anniversary one year, and then John got super sick and we had to cancel.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy … I am totally unsentimental.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial…Close-Up trip to D.C. my junior year in high school - even though I didn't take AP US History (thanks mom & dad!!!)
71. Eaten Caviar…ewww. No.
72. Pieced a quilt …
73. Stood in Times Square …
74. Toured the Everglades…
75. Been fired from a job….Actually, no. But that's not saying a lot. I think I've had a total of 4 jobs my entire life.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London…
77. Broken a bone… Broke my wrist at the cabin after I had taken off pouting and climbed up into a tree that was leaning against another one. I pulled myself higher by using a dead branch, and it snapped off, and down I went.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle….Not a speeding motorcycle, but a dirt bike at a pretty good pace.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person…
80. Published a book… On my list of goals for my life.
81. Visited the Vatican…
82. Bought a brand new car … I think the Mercury we bought when we first got married was brand new. (i can't remember the model)
83. Walked in Jerusalem…
84. Had your picture in the newspaper…
85. Read the entire Bible…
86. Visited the White House…I don't think we visited the White House. Just the Capitol Building
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating…Right. I don't even like eating chicken on the bone.
88. Had chickenpox … Yes. I don't remember what grade I was in though.
89. Saved someone’s life... John's life. Who knows where he'd be now without me?
90. Sat on a jury…
91. Met someone famous…No, but I know people who have met famous people.
92. Joined a book club...I occasionally attend a book club in my ward.
93. Lost a loved one … Grandma Orla, Farmor
94. Had a baby …4 of them (I know, you can't believe it, I look so young!) :)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake ..No, and I think I've only actually gone to the GSL once or twice my whole life.
97. Been involved in a law suit…I plead the 5th.
98. Owned a cell phone … who hasn't?
99. Been stung by a bee…yes the stupid thing was in my shoe after gym at Bingham Middle.
100. Fallen in love … Yes, isn't it wonderful???
Ok! That's it. 100 things you never knew you wanted to know about me. If you want to play, you're welcome to, but I'm not tagging anyone.
Comments