Christmas 2008

Christmas Eve was wonderful. We had a great time at Lindsay's house playing rock band, decorating Santa cookies, and eating yummy food. Nanirey's dad had made us an amazing set of costumes for the kids to use in the Nativity re-enactment. (no one has emailed me pictures yet, btw...) And we had a good time exchanging gifts - the kids got their traditional Christmas jammies from their Grandma Bonnie - so, so cute! Then we got home and after the kids fell asleep, John and I were up till 2 a.m. wrapping presents. Well, I was wrapping presents, John was playing on the computer with Meg's new mp3 (charging it and downloading songs). Anyways, finally it was time to sleep...





It was a Christmas miracle. We slept until 7:40 a.m.



And then the madness began...

Before...

After...

The kids had a wonderful Christmas, and were very excited about their gifts. And I was really surprised at how much stuff we were able to get them considering how small our budget was. Most of their gifts were stuff that they really needed: snow boots, warm shirts, a few games, etc... So all in all Chritmas morning was really wonderful.

Then we loaded into the car, braved the winter storm conditions and headed out to John's parent's house. More yummy food, and a great time had by all. The kids were so thrilled that their cousins all made it through the snow to grandma's and had so much fun playing.

We are so very very blessed. We have wonderful families, great friends, and a Heavenly Father who is aware of our needs and works small and mighty miracles in our lives.

Comments

Cindy said…
Looks like a great Christmas...their smiles say it all!...Cindy....sorry it says DyAnn, I tried to set up a blog for my mom, but forgot to log off first...guess I'd better fix that huh.
Marrdy said…
I miss the days when my kids were little. Our Christmas just seems to get more organized. How sad is that? I want crazy back!
pan x 8 said…
I think that's so great - the gate!! I'm glad Christmas was awesome, you can work magic when you feel it!! What a blessed blessed family - and pretty good looking too!!
Alysha said…
2 am!! Sounds like I need to make you some Santa Bags! Next year is going to be so easy for Santa. Not sure if Jason really likes the idea yet. He likes the tearing and thrashing of the wrapping paper. Guess it's just what you are used to when growing up. I love that picture of all of your kids waiting at the gate. That is so hilarious! I am glad that you had such a wonderful Christmas. Also, thanks for all of your hard work on Christmas eve. It was really a fun night. I will never forget the nativity.